PDA

View Full Version : none

deanna
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
This was a completely horrible book, in my opinion. It might be good for a lot of people, but not for a group of ninth graders. It is a book that is hard to understand, and it has wayyyy too much detail and symbolism. This book has too much "old" language in it that ninth graders would not understand very easily. This, in my opinion is at least and 11th grade level book. None of the people in my class that read it, understood it, including me. I am a straight A student, and I just didn't understand the book. It may have been due to how many chapters we had to read per night, usually 3, along with all other homework, activities, and sports. If you can pull out the right information from reading the book through all the detail, The Scarlet Letter was an amazing book, according to my teacher. But many people can not do that. Overall, on a scale from 1-10, I rate this book a 5. This is because it's great for people who can understand, but horrible for people who may not be able to at that point in time.