PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Island?

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 11:46 AM
are you a geek? you can read this in one or two days? Do you have nothing better to go in your spare time than read. Seriously. and fully understand the book? are you a pirate yourself? i found that book kind of hard to read in the beginning until you actually got into it. Sure, that book may not be my kind of book, but if hadn't of had to read it for school i would have stopped after the first four chapters. and i have only wished that i could time travel back in time to experience that kind of adventure, how lame is that. you sound like my brother, and that is not a good thing.

Andrew
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I personally liked the novel. Its the perfect tail of good vs. evil. Through the entire novel Stevenson doesn't lose the reader like in many other novels, but he makes you want to read more. Thats what makes a good book. It's not the plot or the story, it is whether or not the reader wants to read the entire book. Treasure Island falls right into that field of great books. I also think that the book is good because your able to read it in 1-2 days and fully understand the book. I have only wished that I could time travel back in time to experience that kind of adventure.