PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Kristina
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I agree with this person. i couldn't get into it and i didn't understand it. it was confusing and certainly not my type of book. in school we shouldn't have to read it, it has nothing to do with this time period.

Unregistered
a little narcissistic, aren't we? :)

Unregistered
same here, and i couldnt really follow along with the plot.

oh my!
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
u guys, i just don't get why u hate this book. it's great and fun.<br>was it the pirate slang? i got it cuz my teacher told us the pirate vocab<br>here's a little help<br>Davy Jone's Locker is the bottom of the sea so when they say that they mean they'll kill you and send you to the bottom of the ocean! u obviously must know what harr-harr is, rum, grog, avast me mateys, a cutlass, and what a dirk is. if not, well u may want to work on your vocab. ask your language arts teacher to understand some pirate vocab and then read the novel again. maybe you'll luv it like i do.

Unregistered
02-05-2005, 08:51 PM
yes i agree i have to write a report on this book and lets just say its gonna be a challenge but with this website i might be able to comprehend treasure island a little more

Jennifer
03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I really hated this book. I thought I was the only one. I had to read it for a book report. I also read Little Women I didn't like it either.

Anonymous
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
No offense but i absolutely hated this book. It was really boring and i never got into it. i like books that relate to my life and this just did not. Sorry to all the Treasure Island fans out there but this was not my type of book.