PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I liked it.

Jaime
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I can understand that some might find the novel a tedious read, but I thought it quite a humorous one. Jane Austen shows the contrasting opinions of different characters and clearly tells the reader her opinion of the good and bad in each character and his/her actions. If you can catch the symbolism Austen slides in between lines, you might well decide the overall picture the author paints amuses you too.<br><br>As for the 'Austen Fanatic' who wrote earlier, I AM used to being spoon-fed easy entertainment, and reading this book from a 21st or 18th cent. perspective, it's well-written.<br><br>I've never seen the film, and didn't really plan to, but if it's as good as some of you claim, maybe I'll squeeze in (6 hours?!?! Sheesh!) for it...<br><br>As for Heidi's comment... I feel your pain. I have a several page essay on this book to brew up by the end of today. Nothing like being chained to pen and paper for a few hours during the weekend... Gotta love those english teachers!<br><br>Three cheers for Austen.