PDA

View Full Version : Getting away by using money and carelessness

thenxtvan-gogh
03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
At the end of the novel Nick says "they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.."

I have to pick 3 characters in which this quote is relevant to, so I chose Daisy, Tom and Wolfsheim- and suggestions on how to tie them to the quote?

KCurtis
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
At the end of the novel Nick says "they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.."

I have to pick 3 characters in which this quote is relevant to, so I chose Daisy, Tom and Wolfsheim- and suggestions on how to tie them to the quote?
Those are the three I would pick. Now you need to go back to the book and find your supporting details. How were the three similar in regard to the quote;
carelessness, how all three were careless, and how others were affected by their carelessness. This should not be so hard with Tom and Daisy-it may be a bit more complicated with Wolfsheim. The book is a short one, so it shouldn't take that long. If you just read the book once, read it over-take notes. It should be read twice, good luck!
I hope you liked the book, it is my favorite.