PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I started reading this book when I was in Italy because I had finished all my other books and my friend, who I was travelling with, had just finished it. I seriusly could not put it down, even when I was not reading it I carried it with me in my bag. I reread it twice on that trip and have since borrowed it from the school library another three or four times. My friends think I'm strange, especially my sister who only likes present day books if any, excepting the friend I originally borrowed it from (I am only 15)<br><br>I find Jane Austen's use of humour and satire amusing. The way she draws her charcters is amazing, and her work has inspired to start writing some of my own stories, based of course on today's society. I must confess I am a real romanitc, something a lot of people my age don't understand, and the conclusion of this book inevitably left me satisfied and happy. I find that when I like something I can't seem to get enough of it and my mum keeps compaining because I watch the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice almost every day (I know I'm obssessed). Anyway that's my opinion of it. I think I've figured out what I'm going to study in Year 11 and 12.<br>Bye