PDA

View Full Version : P&P

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
really is there any need 2 b calling ppl 'morons' because they don't like the book. everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion. they may genuinely think the book 2 b stupid, so be it. this book was written 2 suit different ppl's reading tastes. some ppl like classical literature...some like modern texts. i am a 43 year old and not yet married. i was offended when u said 'as if you'll never marry!' this remark also showed wat little knowledge u do hav because the author of pride and prejudice, jane austen never married in her life either. i'm not saying i didn't like the novel...i hav read it 8 times over a period of 30 years and still think it 2 b excellent. wat i don't approve of is ur unnecessary slander of ppl who do not like the book...u urself even said it 2 b boring. if they think it is stupid....let them think that.

Sophia
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
This book could be boring, but it's worth it. For those who are telling "it's boring and that's why it is stupid" I'll just say, you are morons. Only because it is boring and lengthy, it can't be stupid. It's as if you could not reach beyond the long lines. And it's not only about marriage! Jane Austen has just tried to give us a perfect picture of a middle-class society and if you don't agree that marriage is a part of the social activities then I'm shocked, as if you'll never marry! This is an excellent novel (though a bit boring) and I just love the way Austen has written it. I simply adore Darcy and Lizzy.