PDA

View Full Version : love it

Lindsey
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I have also recently finished Pride and Prejudice and i think that it took me about 1 day to finish it too! It is an amazing book about love, marriage, and human nature. Pride and Prejudice was a book that I would reccommend to any person who can appreciate our past!<br>A MUST READ!!<br>Thank you for your comment. The movie was also great:)<br>

Eliza
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
I have to agree that Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' was, and is to this day, a wondeful work of literature. But I would also like to express my disgust for the punctuation, spelling, and overall writing skills of the authour of the comment. Spell check is meant to be used! I'm a fifteen-year-old student of literature and even my skills are more developed than the level of skill demonstrated in this person's comment.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
You can talk, you spell 'author', 'authour' - perhaps you should have used your spellchecker my dear. Although I have to say I agree with you.<br>Love from Jane Austen

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 05:36 PM
I had to read Pride and Prejudice for my Year 10 English class and I ma now doing a piece of coursework on it. At first I didn't like the book at all because basically, I didnt understand it but now I love it, especially the film, it's great! Lady Catherine de Bourgh is just so funny, love it, love it, love it!<br>p.s How are my spellings and punctuation? All good?

Elton
03-18-2005, 01:00 PM
At the moment, I am 1/3 done the book. It usually takes me MONTHS to get this far in a book, especially if it is a "boring" classic. I find this story very interesting. Watching the 1st part of the movie also helps me to imagine the story in my mind.

loveit
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
When i just started reading the classical books, they bored me to death, when i get to the second page i always fall asleep. and so normally a book about 300 pages could last me few months... but when my english teacher suggest me to read Jane Austen's books, i really really enjoy it and love it. Especially Pride and Prejudice, it's one of the most interesting and sweetest book i've ever read. It really brought me back to her time, made me realise how improtant marriages are back then, compare to now, we take it alot more careless, and it also made me realise even back then intellgence in a girl is very improtant, if you had a senseless mind like some of the girls in the book, you might end up not marry as well as the others. In total i just love the book and the movie!!! It only took me two days to finish it...i just couldn't put it down.