PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

steph
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Wow, that comment is exactly what I would've said, Scarlett Letter reference and all. I just had to add that. I was suppose to read Pride and Prejudice for my English class, but i couldn't finish it, it was so horribly boring. Who wants to read a book about people sitting around talking about people? I don't.

Kymberlyn
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Such comments tell me that you're from the age of MTV, where everything happens in less than two minutes. Now that's what I would consider dull. Pride and Prejudice is an excellent novel full of humor and wry observations on the human condition. Then again, maybe having to read it for class doesn't make one receptive to great literature. By the way, there are a couple of modern films based upon Miss Austen's book.

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 10:30 PM
to people who don't like Pride and Prejudice and keep bagging it out GET A LIFE! Maybe you don't enjoy it but perhaps if you actually gave it a chance you might. If you didn't enjoy it then why are you writing on this site? I found it coz i'm interested in the book. and for guys who don't like love stories, maybe you need to look again, girls like guys who are sensitive, I do anyway. Maybe you should start acting more like Darcy at the end of the book, if you don't know what that is then maybe you should read the book, and this time give it a chance.

Ender
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
This was the most boring book I have ever read (except for maybe the Scarlet Letter). It was extremely long and too descriptive. I could barely follow along and fell asleep many times while reading. It dragged on for 61 chapters and the best thing i can say about this book is that it ended. For guys especially who don't like all the love story junk, don't read this book. It's a waste of time.