PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Jenny
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi i am in ninth grade and my class was just assigned to read the book "A Tale of Two Cities". You should have head the moan the class made when my teacher announced that in addition to a reseach project and another book, Romeo and Juliet we also have to read "A Tale of Two Cities"for homework. Se added that this time she will only give us alittle work to accompany it and dumped a huge pile of worksheets on us. As i started reading the novel at first i did not understand a thing, it was all like a big wordy mess to me. A book with this size font and thick pages should not take this long to read, the first chapter is just four pages long and to be honest it took me longer just to read that chapter than the first two chapters of "Lord of the Rings"! But as in many other instances i quickly got into the story and the style of the book once i read the chapters following the first. And now i can say that spending all that time on the first chapter was worth it. Now i just have to define the seventy-nine vocabulary words for the first chapter!