PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
That is the most retarded thing I have ever read. You are going to stop reading, an activity you said you enjoy, because you have read one book you deem bad? You will come across many things in your life that you don't like or don't agree with, but that doesn't make them invalid. It just makes you narrow-minded.

The Lord
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
I fully agree with you. Yet unfortunately i am force to read it...

Slow snow
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
The book is long, slow and so boring. I cannot complete a chapter reading. Why do people find it amazing? They may be lying.

GuitarDemon487
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I agree with the anonymous commenter. Such a grand book should not be looked down upon, unless, for sure, you do not collect all the hidden messages that bind the book together. Otherwise, surely, it would be a pretty sucky book. But I used some Novel notes along with reading skills to get Dicken's full message, and then, and only then, did I enjoy reading this book. But, even if he had not put all the creative hidden messages, and the story was about a boy named Elmo who picked potatoes on a summer day in his father's field, and had not life outside 'the farm' (lol), it does not diminish the perpose of reading, and there are definatly some better books out there to fit your interest. For someone so ill-minded as you, I recommend "The Mother Goose Rhyms", or "Frog and Toad are Friends". Both books have many colorful pictures to look at, too!

Unregistered
The book is amazing because of the storyline and plot. The plot has such intricate detail and to think that someone actually came up with a story that merged two opposite storylines into one. What is great about the book is that you have no idea what is going on until you have almost finished and to have an author who can keep you in the dark throughout three-fourths of a book and then have everything unfold in the end is amazing.

MJS
Your comment makes no sense.<br>You said it was "disturbing". Generally, that is taken to be a good thing in the world of literature. "Distrubing" books are books that make you think. That's what good authors often try to do. (If you meant to imply something else, you should have chosen a different word.)<br><br>Your appelation of "idiotic" needs some support. Just about your whole comment needs more support. What things about it did you consider "idiotic"? What exactly was so bad about the book? The words Dickens chooses? The plot? The characters? Be more specific, or YOU come across souding like an idiot (or an unclutured person throwing a temper-tantrum)<br><br>I agree with "Anonymous, No Subject" about your attitude towards it. Unless you were being sarcastic (but you didn't do a very good job implying sarcasm if that's what you were attempting to do).

Vav
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
This book was the most disturbing and idiotic book i have ever read in my life. I never thought that such a book existed, until of course i read this one. I used to love reading, I used to read all the time to pass the time. But then i read this book and I don't think i'll ever pick up another book again.. unless of course im forced to. sad, sad, sad,