PDA

View Full Version : greatest novel

Tom
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Without a doubt the most heart-wrenching story of all time. Love, ambition, and disappointment drive Pip though the entire story. To all you kids who say you hate this book because you think its "boring", pick it up in about 10 years when you have more experience in life. <br> If you have ever had an Estella in your life, (someone who was so beautiful, and who you loved so much that you would give anything in your life for them, only to watch them throw their love away) then be ready to relive the entire experience again. I finished this book a few days ago and have been thinking about people and events from so long ago that I had almost forgotten them. <br> Dickens is a master of characters, and in this book you will meet many people from your life that you loved and hated, people who loved you who you didnt appreciate, and you will laugh and cry and hope and dream though the entire book. <br> The story has more twists and turns than a video game based on a soap opera, but no matter where his circumstances take him, no matter what pain or disappointment falls upon him, Pip knows that her love could overtake it all, and her love is what he spends his entire youth chasing.<br> "No varnish can hide the grain of the wood, and the more varnish you put on, the more the grain will express itself" <br> I am still relatively young in my book-reading career (21 years old), but I was able to personally identify with so many themes and characters in this book (especially Estella), that I do not see how I could ever find a work that would surpass it in my mind. <br> So, once again kids, go out and learn some more about the truths and disappointments of life and pick this book up again some quiet, lonely day, and then the only reason you will want to put it down is because it may be too painful.<br> IF THIS BOOK IS NOT A MASTERPIECE, THEN THERE IS NO SUCH THING.<br>