PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

MaryKate
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read this book when I was a freshman in high school. I loved it. Maybe because I had a great teacher who had a love for Dickens and understood him and his writing or simply becuase it was/is a great book.<br> How can you not get wrapped up in the characters? Dickens was known for creating deap, unforgetable characters who's lives become yours as you read his words. As a junior in college now I am yet to come across a book that engrossed me as much as Great Expectations did those years ago. It is my favorite book and Miss Havisham, Estella, and Pip along with the other memorable characters will always be in my heart. A book is meant to capture your amagination and send it soaring. Leaving you wanting to read that one last chapter before your eyes are indelibly closed until morning. I suppose one would have to let themself get taken away in a book, but it just seems to happen so effortlessly reading Dickens. Anyway, I loved it, I think everyone should read it and if you didn't like it, that's unfortunate.