PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

megan
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
i am in the 9th grade too i dont like this book because i cant understand it

Jimbob
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
It's not boring, only complicated. Sit and think, and you will understand<br><br><insert favorite Confucious quote here>

Amy
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
i'm in 11'th grade and it is still hard to understand! i found it rather boring, and pointless.

GeneralD
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I am also in 9th grade, but due to my reading experience I understood this book very well. I encourage you to keep reading, and if you don't understand something, then ask an older person for assistance. Reading can make you a smart person.<br><br>P.S. Don't abbreviate assistance.

Unregistered
02-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi, I am a 10th grader and in my advance english 10 class we have to read this book Great Expectation, by Charles Dickens. At first, i found this novel uninteresting in the beginning, but later on in the middle and towards the end, it started to be interesting. But I was confused on some parts of the novel of how everything went the opposite and didn't turn out the way i thought it was. In addition, this novel was a great one.

Unregistered
03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
yeah, im in 9th grade too and it has been like pulling teeth to read it

Katie
04-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I am a sophomore, and I recently read Great Expectations. I really liked the use of language and word association and over all vocabulary. I found the book interesting and had to use a dictionary quite frequently to fully comp. what was being created by Mr. Dickens. If it is really hard for you to understand, I would sugest listening to it on tape and then looking up the words in the dictionary, its a big help.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The book is good but for me a 9th grader it is hard for me to understand but as i get further into the book i begin to understand the meaning of it