PDA

View Full Version : Poetry Contests

Pendragon
08-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Isn't anyone playing these contests anymore? I remember when we had at least 8 entries for every contest. Now some people win by default since no one else enters the contests. Have all of our amazing poets retired? :nono::nono::nono:

YesNo
08-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I enjoy the contests as well as the general threads where various people contribute their poems without any contest being defined. They provide nice prompts to stimulate writing. However, sometimes people who would normally post there have other things to do. That might explain the low participation recently.

jajdude
08-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I guess I haven't been much in the writing mood lately. I had rarely written for many years actually and then finding this site inspired me to try some more. Most of the stuff I ever wrote was back in the first half of the 1990s and is long gone. I believe a good bit of that was better than almost anything or everything I've come up with since, though it's just my opinion. There's no way to recall it all, not even much at all, but I guess the idea is to keep going, and the contests are interesting, and better when more enter of course.