PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Shea
03-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know who wrote this? I remember reading it when I was little and I'd like to re-read it. Oddly enough I can't stand the taste of chocolate!

Munro
03-06-2003, 05:25 AM
It was written by Roald Dahl, I read it a lot when I was a kid and I loved it. Next to James and the Giant Peach it's my favourite. Check out the film as well if you want to hire a video but don't know what to get, Gene ?Wilder? is perfect as the genius Wonka.

Shea
03-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Hey, thanks for the info! I have seen the movie several times actually, but I feel I'm missing senes that I read in the book and can't remember them. But your right, Wilder plays an exellent Wonka. I heard in a mini intro to the movie once that the boy who played Charlie was too embarassed by that movie to play in anything else. Can you believe that?! I thought he was good too. But I hope he didn't always have that worried look naturally, otherwise he'd have some funny wrinkles in his face....
;)

Koa
03-08-2003, 05:39 PM
I haven't seen the movie but i simply adored Roald Dahl as a child, and read most of his books, some of them for several times. My favourite one was Mathilda (not sure if the english spelling is right, cos i had a translation), the first one of my collection. I stopped counting after the 12th time... :rolleyes:

Shea
03-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Is that the one where a little girl can make things move with her mind? If so, it's called Matilda here in the states. I saw that movie anyway, with my little cousin. Cute movie!

Koa
03-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Yes that one. MATILDA! It would have made a better nickname now that i think about it...shame ;)

Wizard272002
10-30-2005, 10:23 PM
I am interested in the book Charlie & the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl. It would be nice to see it here. I probly could get it at a library, But I don't go by there much. :wave:

rachel
01-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I was thrilled to see that when I bought the movie dvd of Charlie and the Chocolate factory there was a second disk and one of the items was a ten minute or so biography of the author. It was wonderful and you got to see him actually in his little hut out back of his home reading. his children read some excerpts and the neighbors who were now quite grown told of adventures they had while staying over at the Dahl household.And the neatest bit of info was that when he was a small lad he and other children were picked by a chocolate company to try out their wares and rate them on a piece of paper just like in the movie. And in real life the huge family would sit round table and eat and end their daily meal with chocolate, I believe chocolate bars. What a character!

Weeping Willow
01-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Rach? the new DVD or the old one???
Yesterday i watched the old one - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory from 1971!
I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this movie!
I haven't seen the new one thou' a bit scared.. ( the disapointment would kill me!) :D

As for the book i'm downloading it for you right now.. hope it would be ok... i'll PM you when it'll finish downloading! :p
:wave:

rachel
01-07-2006, 07:38 PM
the new one Willow. I haven't seen the other one so I don't know what to say.
But either way PLEASE DON'T die!!! you would break the heart of this family.
Willow
be
a
good boy!!!!1

Weeping Willow
01-08-2006, 02:28 AM
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa!!!!
You mean the one of Tim burton?? :(...
Why oh why!...
brrrrrrrr... :cold:...
I need to think how do i send it to you!......

Wizard272002
01-22-2006, 01:05 AM
I have seen bothe versions of Robert Dahl's book. In the Tim Burton's version, It's weirder than the first one with Gene Wilder. I did a poll on another site and the Willy Wonka version beat out the Charlie version with 55% to 25%. The other 20% went to 'Undecided'.