PDA

View Full Version : August '11 Elimination

Scheherazade
08-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Please vote for the story you like best and the winner will be taking part in the final vote at the end of the year.

Discussion of the stories, to avoid influencing the outcome of the poll, are not allowed.

If contributers would like to ask questions, they should email us at [email protected].

Please note that the authors agree to keep their identities secret when they enter the competition.
Those who breach this rule will be disqualified automatically.

Good luck, everyone! :)

Competition Rules (http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18200)

Note: This poll will close on September 5th, 2011.

Jack of Hearts
08-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Love this contest.

J

SilentMute
08-08-2011, 06:41 AM
This was a hard one to judge--I liked all of them!

DocHeart
08-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Splendid work from everyone.

Sancho
08-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Splendiferous!

Sancho voted.

Jack of Hearts
08-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Waiting on the DocLove horse race final stretch announcements.

J

Pendragon
08-13-2011, 11:43 AM
This is what I love to see, everybody getting at least one vote. Vote now, it's not only your right, it's your duty to our fellow litnetter's efforts! :cheers2:

aliengirl
08-18-2011, 10:58 AM
This one is a difficult round. I liked all stories and being very different from each other it was not possible to compare them. Its a pity I have only a single vote. Good luck everyone!

soundofmusic
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Truly wonderful stories this month, I wanted to vote for them all. Great work, authors.

Splendiferous!

Sancho voted.

Good man, come get your cookie:wave:

Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary over many a forgotten smores...Something familiar came a pounding, light at first; but then resounding, banging down my refrigerator door....

Sancho
08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Good man, come get your cookie:wave:

Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary over many a forgotten smores...Something familiar came a pounding, light at first; but then resounding, banging down my refrigerator door....

Smores!

Now yer talkin'

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/mollyandbruno/lucaffe.jpg

Scheherazade
08-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Last week to read and vote, folks!

soundofmusic
08-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Smores!

Now yer talkin'

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/mollyandbruno/lucaffe.jpg

It's funny, I've never liked smores, I like the individual ingrediants; but not all together...I forgot the goober guy. They got rid of so many of our cool advertising people because of stereotypes...such a shame...

Sancho
08-26-2011, 05:22 PM
It's funny, I've never liked smores, I like the individual ingrediants; but not all together...I forgot the goober guy. They got rid of so many of our cool advertising people because of stereotypes...such a shame...

That’s a great logo, eh?

It’s not really related to the goober-pea siggy though. When I read the stories, I happened to be working my way through a big ole bag of boiled peanuts and then I got to the story set during the American Civil War and the old folk song favored by Confederate soldiers, Eating Goober Peas, popped into my head, so I changed my siggy as a sort of head-nod to whoever wrote that fine story.

The logo is from an Australian company that specializes in Italian coffee: Lucaffe…e vivi la vita. It’s a great logo. And their espresso is out of this world. I got turned on to it in a little pizza joint in Santiago de Chile – Los Insaciables, which is in Providencia neighborhood. They’ve got posters of happy-coffee-man, in various situations, plastered all over their restaurant. I think I go there more for the coffee than the pizza. And I think you’re right, I doubt an American company could get away with that logo.

Jack of Hearts
08-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Its sad that we're gonna have to wait so long for the next one. So let's milk this one for all it's worth.

J

qimissung
08-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I remember singing the song "Eating goober Peas"-or a version of it, anyway- in elementary school.

And I dearly love s'mores.

AND it was hard to decide who to vote for in this contest. They were all great stories.

soundofmusic
09-03-2011, 02:24 PM
That’s a great logo, eh?

It’s not really related to the goober-pea siggy though. When I read the stories, I happened to be working my way through a big ole bag of boiled peanuts and then I got to the story set during the American Civil War and the old folk song favored by Confederate soldiers, Eating Goober Peas, popped into my head, so I changed my siggy as a sort of head-nod to whoever wrote that fine story.

The logo is from an Australian company that specializes in Italian coffee: Lucaffe…e vivi la vita. It’s a great logo. And their espresso is out of this world. I got turned on to it in a little pizza joint in Santiago de Chile – Los Insaciables, which is in Providencia neighborhood. They’ve got posters of happy-coffee-man, in various situations, plastered all over their restaurant. I think I go there more for the coffee than the pizza. And I think you’re right, I doubt an American company could get away with that logo.

I love boiled peanuts and I'll have to look up that expresso. Yes, Americans are getting very sensitive about everything nowadays, well, down in my parts anyway.

Its sad that we're gonna have to wait so long for the next one. So let's milk this one for all it's worth.

J

Well, since I'm a slow reader, I can wait for the next contest; but this group of stories was one of the best I've seen so far.

I remember singing the song "Eating goober Peas"-or a version of it, anyway- in elementary school.

And I dearly love s'mores.

AND it was hard to decide who to vote for in this contest. They were all great stories.

Loved those goobers; but generally, I like my chocolate and cookies seperate. I do like reese cups..

Scheherazade
09-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Congratulations to the writer of "The Story of Remembering", who is the winner of this month's winner.

You can now send your stories for October round.