PDA

View Full Version : quiz answer

Unregistered
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
I could force nothing on him but a footman's tooth, which I observed him to examine with great curiosity, and found he had a fancy for it. He received it with abundance of thanks, more than such a trifle could deserve. It was drawn by an unskilful surgeon, in a mistake, from one of Glumdalclitch's men, who was afflicted with the tooth-ache, but it was as sound as any in his head. I got it cleaned, and put it into my cabinet. It was about a foot long, and four inches in diameter.<br><br>

Unregistered
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Yes, Gulliver gives Captain Wilcocks a footman's tooth. In my book it is on page 148.

Laura Mason
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I had a student (I'm librarian) read Guliver's Travels and talke a Reading Counts quiz on it. He claims a question is wrong. <br> The questions states "Gulliver gave the Captain of the ship____ when he was rescued after bein in Brobdingnag." I think I have the complete version of Gulliver's Travels, but I cannot find that answer.<br> I searched your database and found a reference to footman's tooth (one of the options) but I can't find it in the text to show to the student.<br> Is that what Gulliver gave the Captain?