PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Abeer
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
By seeing reviews of some people a went to buy this book. I was very exicted that it will be one of the materpeices of Jhonathan Swiftan and will really be intersesting. But after reading this book, i got to a conclusion that it was the most boring and ridiculos book I have ever read in my life.

angelhorizons
11-07-2005, 06:04 AM
the satirical nature of this book dictates that it is ridiculous! however, if you look at what is said in context with the socio political constraints of the time it is actualy an extremely cleverly constructed peice. i suggest you read it again but this time think about why you find certain aspects ridiculous and then apply the message to modern situations. in particular look at the behaviour of the liliputian king and then considder the actions of president Bush, you could be reading about one and the same person!

Maida
08-16-2007, 09:51 PM
I understood that the novel was a satire before I read it, and I still found it incredibly boring. I also don't think you can compare the liliputian king to President Bush considering when the book was published.