PDA

View Full Version : scrooge (sorry bout any typos)

Unregistered
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
very good

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I'm Working on my 7th grade biography on Charles dickens right now! Cool essay.

Unregistered
12-20-2002, 02:00 AM
quite funny... i actually used this text for quotes in my 7th grade essay on a Christmas Carol...

Unregistered
04-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Not sure what 7th grade means with regards to age. A good attempt, but I don't get a feel for the author of the essay, it's as if you are trying to please the teacher without really understanding what you are meant to be doing. There's also a lot of re-telling which means there's less space for analysis and opinion. Hope I haven't been too harsh. Good luck with your next piece!!

Nicola
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
christmas carol is a good book but on papers on the net it does not say what year he wrote the book and when he finished the book

Unregistered
06-11-2004, 01:00 AM
You used too floury of language, but i dont think u understood the story at all. There are not deatils, and i dont get the feel of the author. This paper sucked, and i think you should get an F! Just my opinion, if you got any thing better, your teacher is just too nice! You repeat too much, which hows you dont even know the story, geez! Hope you write better than this normally! Good Luck!<br>

Unregistered
06-11-2004, 01:00 AM
I think your writing is exellent. Some pointers though, you might not want to use such floury language, because it doesn't really show your understanding of the story! You have good deatails, and i wish i always read as good writing as yours! Good luck w/ further writing, i see a good future in writing for you!<br>Cya

Shannon
03-17-2005, 05:09 PM
I think that this English paper is very good written and next time you should enter this into an essay contest and I wanna say good job and good luck with your next piece of writing!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>

tyler
03-17-2005, 05:32 PM
this helped me alot i am currently writing a paper for my freshman world history class and this was a big help i need to find some quick info about dickens and his stories and none of the books at my library had summaries

wesley
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Ebenezer Scrooge, at the beginning of the Charles Dickens' book, A Christmas Carol, was a miserly old businessman. He lived in a small old house that at one time belonged to his deceased business partner, Jacob Marley. Though he could afford the most expensive clothes available, he chose to dress in the fashion of a lower-class citizen. He worked in a counting house with only his clerk—Bob Cratchit—for company.<br> Scrooge was extremely misanthropic. he tried to avoid all human sympathy, love, and any other emotion other than disregard or dislike. Most peple respected this, and continued to dislike him, despise him, even hate him. When he came into view, blind mean's dogs would lead their owners away. No beggars would beg to him, knowing what his response would be. even children wouldn't dare to talk to him, fearful of his wrath. But his nephew stayed cheerful with him, even going so far as to wish him a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and inviting him to dinner. Scrooge, of course, declined the invitation. scrooge's clerk, Bob Cratchit, though severely overworked and underpaid, still proposed a toast to Scrooge on Christmas morning, believing that what he received from Scrooge was what he deserved.<br> Scrooge's utter hatred of mankind, and love of money, was about to catch up to him. On Christmas Eve, the ghost of Scrooge's former partner, Jacob Marley, came to haunt him, and to warn him. He warned him of the "ponderous chain" of Scrooge's attachment to and desire for money. He told him he was to be visited by 3 spirits that night. He also cautioned him that if Scrooge continued on his present path, he would end up like Marley, an eerie shadow, chained and bound, destined to wander the earth for eternity.<br> The 3 Spirits that were sent that night were sent to persuade him to chnge his ways and be saved from his fate. The first Spirit—the Spirit of Christmas Past—arrived at the stroke of "one." It had the body of someone elderly, but surprisingly youthful and powerful. It held a brimmed cap, evidently an extinguisher for its head, from which jetted a clear, pure strream of light. The Spirit took Scrooge to several events in his past, (several Christmases in fact) showing his progression from a young man with high hopes for the world, to his existence as a Christmas-hating-money-lover. After seeing something particularly disturbing to him, Scrooge seized the Spirit's cap and thrust it over the light, thus causing the Spirit to disappear.<br> The second Spirit arrived at the stroke of "two." He was the Spirit of Christmas Present. With him he brought bountiful piles of food. He was gigantic, but when he took Scrooge to the various places they went, (including the Grocer's, and the Bakery) he somehow managed to fit everywhere. As they traversed the city, Scrooge saw what Christmas was to other people: a time for joy, giving, and caring. Nearing the end of the Spirit's time, he revealed to Scrooge two child-like beings that clung to his robes. They were Ignorance, and want, and the Spirit warned Scrooge to deny them. As the Spirit faded, another, more ominous, took its place.<br> This was the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come. The Ghost, (like Marley, not a Spirit, because though the Spirits had substantiality, the Ghosts were just shadows) showed Scrooge events that would possibly happen, if Scrooge remained unchanged. These were very unpleasant events, including the morning after scrooge's death. As the Phantom left, Scrooge pledged to honor Christmas and keep it in his heart always. That morning—Christmas—Scrooge went out and demonstrated many charitable acts, and was very repentant.<br> I think Dickens was trying to tell us that you should always keep Christmas, because it can help you through hard times. I also think he was trying to tell us that the Spirit (or Spirits) of Christmas is with us all year long.<br><br><br><br>**Note**<br>This essay is just a 7th grade english paper and should not be judged too critically, but please comment on it

cranberry
12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
you guys should see the movie! amazing , when i saw it was written by him...i was like wow.....! Mashallah! impressive and the story and the actions inside it , amazing...

!!!