PDA

View Full Version : The Last Harry Potter Movie

Shalot
07-15-2011, 06:42 PM
I am getting ready to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2...

I hope it's good.

I saw LOTR:Return of the King, in the theaters when it came out. The theaters was packed full of people. There were two women in front of us in line, and one was really getting in the spirit of things and talking in some kind of weird elven Smeagol accent and I don't think she realized she was doing it and her friend goes "Why are you talking like that?"

Anyway, wonder what this will be like. Guess I will report back when I get back. Maybe. :thumbsup:

Mutatis-Mutandis
07-15-2011, 07:12 PM
I've only seen the first movie (wasn't crazy about it at all) and read only part of the first book (as much as I could take), but I must admit the previews for the last movie do look pretty awesome. I'm even considering attempting to read the HP novels, as I always hear that they get better as they go along. Plus, it would be nice to really get detailed when I want to bash them.

papayahed
07-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I am getting ready to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2...

I hope it's good.

I saw LOTR:Return of the King, in the theaters when it came out. The theaters was packed full of people. There were two women in front of us in line, and one was really getting in the spirit of things and talking in some kind of weird elven Smeagol accent and I don't think she realized she was doing it and her friend goes "Why are you talking like that?"

Anyway, wonder what this will be like. Guess I will report back when I get back. Maybe. :thumbsup:

How Fun.

YesNo
07-15-2011, 09:07 PM
My daughter saw it at midnight this morning. She enjoyed it. She saw all the previous movies this past week to get ready for this last one.

Delta40
07-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I was caught between the babble of my two daughters this week. One has read all the books while the other has only seen the movies. Wonderful debate about how disappointing the movie sounds compared to the book as apparently a number of changes were made in the movie and of course alot gets left out.

I am done with Harry Potter and can only assume that Daniel Radcliffe will end up on the heap like Mark Hamil!

qimissung
07-16-2011, 01:24 AM
My sons and I are planning to go see it next week. I prefer to wait for the initial furor to die down. I was very pleased that my 19 year old son wanted to see it. We'd read the first books together, and I took him to see the first couple of movies for his birthday when he was younger-they often seemed to come out in December and that's when his birthday is. It was a very festive time.

TheFifthElement
07-16-2011, 11:18 AM
It's dead good :) My daughter had a little cry, I had a little cry. There are some omissions and variations from the book but it stuck to the core and the battle at the end is awesome. My heroes: Molly Weasley, Professor McGonnagal and of course the ever-wonderful Alan Rickman. No one else could be Snape. Ralph Feinnes is pretty darned wonderful too (in every way). And Helena Bonham Carter, she's ace too.

MarkBastable
07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I am done with Harry Potter and can only assume that Daniel Radcliffe will end up on the heap like Mark Hamil!

Why's that the only thing you can assume?

OrphanPip
07-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Mark Hamil has actually had quite an accomplished career as a voice actor.

Mutatis-Mutandis
07-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Mark Hamil has actually had quite an accomplished career as a voice actor.
It blew me away when I found out he did the voice of The Joker in the 90s Batman cartoon (and continues to do it for video games). I think Ledger has done the best overall Joker, but Hamil's voice will always be the best.

MarkBastable
07-16-2011, 07:38 PM
You're right. My initial point was going to involve a defence of Radcliffe's non-Potter career (for instance, Equus on stage, to really good reviews), as opposed to Hamill's. But I looked up what Hamill had done since Star Wars, and if that's the heap, I think most actors would be happy to be on it.

Veho
07-16-2011, 07:47 PM
I was very disappointed with the movie. They changed a good few things and it certainly isn't for the better. It's a shame because I thoroughly enjoyed 'Deathly Hallows, Part One'.

Mutatis-Mutandis
07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I may end up seeing it, actually, even though I've read none of the books and only saw the first movie. Why, you may ask? Friends at the movie theater = free movie.

Aylinn
08-20-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm surprised that people don't find the changes to be for the better. I think that the fight between Harry and Voldemort is much better. As far as I remember, Voldemort is an incompetent idiot who kills himself in the book. Harry knocks out the wand from Voldemort's hand and, because of that, Voldemort kills himself by an accident. It would look really lame in the movie.

TheFifthElement
08-20-2011, 02:21 PM

Looks like Radcliffe is proving you wrong. So far he's done a Broadway show (to mixed reviews) and is starring in an adaptation of The Woman in Black (based on the Susan Hill novel) which looks pretty spooky. You can watch the trailer here:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/daniel-radcliffe-woman-in-black-trailer-224375

He still can't act though.

Shalot
08-20-2011, 11:13 PM
We were late for the movie the first time I went so we had to sit up front looking up the whole time. Then I went and saw it again with someone else who hadn't seen it. We were going to see it in 3D and I had been late the first time I saw it in 2D and missed the part of the movie so I felt that the second viewing was justified. We were not late, but we did not get there in time to get a decent seat. In fact, we sat in the same spot that I sat in the first time I saw it...

If you're going to watch something in 3D I guess Harry Potter would be a good movie for that.

qimissung
09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
I finally saw it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it. There is still nothing like immersing yourself in the books, if you ask me, but the people who made these at least tried to make decent movies that were fairly faithful to the books. They didn't merely cash in, and I appreciate that.

prendrelemick
10-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised that people don't find the changes to be for the better. I think that the fight between Harry and Voldemort is much better. As far as I remember, Voldemort is an incompetent idiot who kills himself in the book. Harry knocks out the wand from Voldemort's hand and, because of that, Voldemort kills himself by an accident. It would look really lame in the movie.

Noo, the best bit in the book is when Harry starts calling him Riddle, and points out how pathetic he is.

anishastrologer
10-22-2011, 12:34 AM
i watched the deathly hallows part 2. though the film could not showcase every part of the novel but it has turned out really well. having read the novel prior to watching the movie helped me to enjoy the movie more.:cheers2: