PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Damien
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Biblical Creation is fundamentally in Conflict with Evolution, for one Simple reason. Time. The Bible says that The World has been around for about 6000 years. Obviously, this is not enough time for Evolution to have taken place.

Unregistered
04-15-2005, 11:21 AM
yes but time is relevant, if God still exists today then who is to say that the 4.2 billion years that scientists believe the earth has survived is not the same as 6000 years to Him?

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I think its really unfortunate that people are still arguing over evolution vs. creation as though the two ideas are fundamentally in conflict. For "scientists" to attack "jesus fish toting creationists" is just as bad as creationists attacking scientists. These attacks are not really over whether or not evolution is real, but a battle between science and religion. However, I happen to know many scientists who believe in God and think that the amazingly complex nature of evolution and life on earth serve to prove God's existence rather than deny it. There is room in this world for all of us, so have some tolerance of people's beliefs (that goes for both sides of this argument). It is generally accepted that evolution does occur (and I believe this myself), but that doesn't mean that God (or whoever your creator is) did not design life to follow evolutionary patterns.