PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

maxiie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
war of the worlds is an absolutely fantastic read! a complete classic, not many modern sci-fi films/books even begin to compare to its genius. H.G. Wells writing seem to hold true even to today, a real DaVinchi of the victorian era.<br><br>The old hollywood adaptation film puts to shame to the novel, it really does. quite unnaccurate.<br><br>I heard the musical adaptation by Jeff Wayne before I read the book and admittedly it had drawn me in- the musical is brilliant, and thats from the point of view of a musician ;). It doesnt stick too closely to the original book, but it does help provide an accurate atmosphere (the martian 'oola' noise still haunts me to this day!!).<br><br>The film 'idependance day' was an ok film, but bearing in mind the story-line is a real rip-off of war of the worlds makes it seem almost 'blasphemous'. *cough* (the idea of defeating the aliens with the aid of a 'computer virus' comes across to me as being bad irony).<br><br>true brilliance, a reccomended read for any sci-fi fan, despite its age.