PDA

View Full Version : A REVIEW OF THE WAR OF THE WORLDS

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
<br> There is never a time that I don't think of H.G.Well's...The War of the Worlds. <br><br>This is when I walk down the street and I imagine the overhanging street lights are the Martian space ships. After seeing the movie also, I can hear the sound of them moving along. It is kind of exciting to be scared. The book is a bit more gory than the movie, but that was long ago. If it were to be made into a film today they wouldn't leave anything out. The ending was terrific. None of us are safe from viruses.

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks for giving the wholde book away by telling what happens to his friend....you could've just given the main idea, instead of going into specific parts and details.

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 10:57 AM
The book is classic. It deals with real human issues and shows up the british empire at the time the book was written. I would like to point out however that the film does it a massive dis-service. I personally thought it was awful. And why did they not do a good film based on the english version, in england, in 1900? Because, simply put, americans dont go out of there own back gardens! This will probably label me a dangerous subversive in the eyes on the un-elected american government, but simply cos your tiny minds cant deal bigger than your own country, you ruined a timless peace of ENGLISH Literature! Well, shame on you!

JB 007
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
A REVIEW OF THE WAR OF THE WORLDS<br><br>The setting is in a small town near London. It’s about a man who was directly affected when the earth was attacked by Martians. This book is a real war/adventure story. As the author, H.G. Wells says, “This is the greatest mass of artillery in the history of the earth.” After that sentence I wanted to read the book even more because I foresaw a lot of action. For all of you who like this kind of a story this is must-read. <br>The most exciting part was when hidden artillery blew a Martian to bits. It a great victory for the Earthlings, because it was difficult to shoot at the Martians without getting burnt to a crisp; for the Martians had a heat ray guns. Before that, the Earthlings were being obliterated with the heat ray guns. <br>The gruesome part about the book is that the Martians ate the humans, after they captured them. It made my stomach turn over to hear that. It was sad when the man’s friend gets eaten by the Martians almost in front of his face. <br>I think the book was very well written, with a mix of action, adventure, and survival. Does this book have a happy ending? You’ll have to read it to find out. <br>