PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I truly can relate to what you are saying. It's very difficult to understand, which makes it boring.

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
<br><br> try to search for other translations in the net.

Anonymous
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I do not know what grade you are in nor what your educational background is but I would guess based on your writing that your reading skills are weak for your grade level. That could be why you found the Iliad so challenging.<br><br>The language in the Iliad is more formal and complex than what many teenage students are used to reading. If the vocabulary is a problem it may help to keep a dictionary close by to help you understand unfamiliar words. <br><br>There are a lot of references to Greek mythology, rituals, geography and a lot of terminology that may not make sense to someone who has not studied classical literature in-depth. A good publication of the Iliad should contain some sort of glossary to help you with unfamilar references to people, places, and events.<br><br>Don't give up on these "classical works of art". <br><br>

crs
03-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I totally disagree with your critique. Homer is a classic work- one of the most significan books ever written, especially structure. Go beyond the text and look for elements such as parallelism. Such an ancient work established the principles of writing for thousands of years to come. Perhaps the English languauge you were exposed to is only a crude version of speech. The Ilid is eloquent and will teach you a thing or two.

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 10:32 PM
You tool. Learn to read, you are in High school. If you want it translated i suggest you open your eyes first, it helps. Luv me

shameckia
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am a high school student and I had to read the Iliad and do som assingments over the reading. I know that I am Just a high school student but I do not understand the writting here. I wish that someone could translate this into the Eniglish language that I was tought to read and write. I can read it Yes, but if I dont understad it then what was the piont if reading it. Maybe I am alone here but I found it very hard to understand.Maybe someday someone will translate it so that even I can understand what everyone says is a classical work of art