PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Tori
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I love this story. yes it is sad that Beth dies, but that's one of the best things in literature. There are things that really happen, and I would like to share my point of view on the characters.<br> It was a tragety to see fathers of children go off and fight in the war or any war. The mother had to provide for the children. Jo is a beautiful girl who had a lot of talent. I liked all the daughters from Jo to Beth. I love the movie that starred Winona Rider as Jo March, Susan Sarandon as Mrs. March, Andie MCDowel as Meg, Kirsten Dunst and Samantha Mathis as Amy and Claire Danes as Beth. The movie is different than the book.<br> In the movie, Amy is the youngest, where in the story Beth is the youngest. But the movie is good.<br> I think that it turned out better that Jo didn't marry Laurie. Jo didn't love Teddy in that way and it would have been a rough life living like that. It may be one great thing to have a friend, but it is a greater thing to have a love as well. I think that the German professer was the best for him. Meg married and so did everyone else. All ended well.<br> I was devestated when Beth died, because she died so young. Disease was awful back then, and it still is, yet she was a great character. That's what I have to say.