PDA

View Full Version : Little Women by Louisa M Alcott

Anthea
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am 15 and have just finished reading "Little Women". The book I just finished was published by Dean and SOn Ltd London and ended on "So grouped, the curtain falls upon Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. Whether it rises again, depends upon the reception given to the first act of the domestic drama called Little Women". This is not the first time I have read it, it is my all time favourite book and I can read it over and over without losing interest however what is all this about Laurie, Jo and Amy??? Laurie marrying Amy, which edition is it, I am very interested to know.

Elyse Liesl
02-13-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi! Lauries marries Amy in the sequel to Little Women called 'Good Wives', though in some editions both are published together as Part One and Part Two under the title of Little Women. I recommend you read it, it's fabulous!!
Elyse

xClassicRosex
02-15-2007, 06:10 AM
I am 15 and have just finished reading "Little Women". The book I just finished was published by Dean and SOn Ltd London and ended on "So grouped, the curtain falls upon Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. Whether it rises again, depends upon the reception given to the first act of the domestic drama called Little Women". This is not the first time I have read it, it is my all time favourite book and I can read it over and over without losing interest however what is all this about Laurie, Jo and Amy??? Laurie marrying Amy, which edition is it, I am very interested to know.

hey jus replying to ur quote... reckon it was really weird how amy married laurie as well. little women's one of my favourites, but i really wish Jo and Laurie ended up together. the laurie marrying amy part is in the second part of little women. its called 'good wives' as well.

i'mauntallie
02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
it's actually quite a love triangle that went on there. life is so weird.
it would have been nice to see the interactions/dynamics...

wtwt5237
07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
What do you think about the movie version? I watched one a few days ago, but I don't know if there is only one version or not.
I am afraid the movie is cut to the shortest emitting many important plots. It advances too quickly and fails to display the emotions/interactions between the sisters fully.
However, it is still good, especially for those who have read the novel and spend time wondering about what the hell these sisters look like and act like.

Virgrin
11-23-2007, 01:02 PM
http://fotolog.terra.com.ar/little_women