PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Jackie

Shalot
04-14-2011, 09:51 PM
I wish that I hadn't discovered Nurse Jackie until the series ended. We're only in Season 3 and we've seen every episode and we are hooked and now sadly, we have to wait as each new episode is released to enjoy the awesomeness.
(why am I referring to myself as we?) I discovered the L Word after the series ended so pretty much all episodes were available to me when I wanted. And I zoomed through that series in a few weeks. It won't be that way with Nurse Jackie.

Eddie has become less likable as the series goes on. Dr. Coop is a douche for sure, but for some reason I like his character. Love Thor. Love Zoey. And Jackie sporting those scrubs makes me want to work in a job that requires the use of scrubs. Do nurses really wear Crocs? There are a couple of crocs wearers on the show, but Jackie always has on her sensible tennis shoes. And Zoeys pinks scrubs are hysterial.

The only thing that bugs me about the show is that now I know people actually crush up pills and snort them. This type of ingestion/usage had never occurred to me before.

OrphanPip
04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I haven't seen this one. Though I'd like to mention that I enjoy Showtime in general, it and HBO pretty much redeem American TV for me.

I've only been following the American adaptation of Shameless this year on Showtime, but it was good. They did a great job with the American (technically American-Canadian) adaptation of Queer as Folk as well.

Edit: I've known about crushing up pills for snorting for a while though. Ritalin is a popular one.

I wear scrubs at work, I don't get the appeal, they look awful.