PDA

View Full Version : laurie and jo

Rebecca
02-28-2003, 02:00 AM
HAHA!! That'd be so funny if she married a french guy! HAHA!!! And I totally agree, I mean, how'd Amy suddenly change her feelings for Laurie? I thought that she just thought of Laurie as a friend!

Unregistered
04-22-2003, 01:00 AM
At the time I saw the movie Little Women, made in 1994, I was reading the book at the same time. And as I ended up seeing the end of the movie before finishing the book, I was shocked that Jo refused Laurie. They were perfect for each other, best friends and all. But Jo was used to the simple life, Laurie used to the fancy, rich style. And Laurie just had a silly young crush on Jo, and it would have been a mistake if Jo had said yes when Laurie offered his hand in marriage. Amy was destined for Laurie, as she said, she was going to marry a rich man, and be happy with him. Jo was also destined for Mr.Bhaer. So, I think that Jo and Laurie would have made a beautiful couple in a fictional story, but this is Louisa's real life. She made no mistake.

Unregistered
04-22-2003, 01:00 AM
i know. amy and lauries just don't go together. joe and laurie just seem the perfect match. its just too obvious. y can't people realise that<br>

sara
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
You're very right Sue. And you're wrong anonymous( the first one) JO and LAURIE were destined for one another. Laurie just didn't propose marriage at a good time for Jo. Amy should have married some french guy...or Mr. Baehr!

sue
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I really think Jo and Luarie should have been married. Laurie and Amy getting married was a surprise and it just didn't go. It would have made more sense to have Amy marry some French guy.