PDA

View Full Version : Intrigued

Devine D
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not finished Crime and Punishment, but have been quite intrigued of it so far. Dostoevsky is fascinating! He is indeed a genius! This book is a perfect way of showing psychological tourment of ones deeds. I have yet to read "The Idiot" also by Dostoevsky. And to those who said this book wasn't "good"...well...you are indeed morons, or just completely ignorant of what the book means! Yes it is long, many pieces of great literature are! You're just lazy and two demensional minded!

Synnove
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
While I see your point entirely, because I love the book myself, you must keep in mind that all things are subjective. They could find distaste in it due to the high amount of religious reference, since Dostoyevsky was a religious man. Some could also not enjoy it because of the particular translation they read. As I stated earlier, I'm not fond of the Constance Garnett translation (probably because the fashion in which she transliterated the Russian words.)

superman's_dead
12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
..."And to those who said this book wasn't "good"...well...you are indeed morons, or just completely ignorant of what the book means! Yes it is long, many pieces of great literature are! You're just lazy and two demensional minded!"
Okay, so what you're saying is that if someone doesn't think this book is good, they're a moron, or ignorant? And apparently also lazy, too. Well, newsflash, people will not always like the same things that you like. I'm tired of people insulting poeple that don't like the same things as they do. Just because someone doesn't like Crime and Punishment, that does not make them a moron. Maybe you should think before you insult people again, because it makes you sound very juvenile.

starrwriter
12-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Okay, so what you're saying is that if someone doesn't think this book is good, they're a moron, or ignorant? And apparently also lazy, too. Well, newsflash, people will not always like the same things that you like ... Just because someone doesn't like Crime and Punishment, that does not make them a moron.
Of course not (though I like Crime and Punishment very much.) People have a right to their opinions, even if they're wrong. :cool:

By the way, I'm not dead. :brow: