PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I agree with most of what you are saying. However, his reason for killing? I don't think he is trying to do a favor for mankind (in fact, he says that he wasn't). He kills the pawnbroker to test himself, to see if he would be able to go through with the deed

Todd Ardoin
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am currently reading the book in college english. I once heard the comment that if you can make it past the first one hundred pages, you can make it through the rest of the book. After getting past the first one hundred pages I feel that you will be captivated the obvious split in Raskolnikov. He is torn between good and evil so to speak. He seems to try to justify his actions by feeling that he has done mankind a favor by killing the pawnbroker. On the other hand he is so quick to "do good" to other people by giving his last rouble to those in need. After all his point in killing her was to steal money from her. I feel that if one would look past the pages and would pay attention to details and subject matter in this book, he or she would appreciate this book.