of the inevitable.
You are responsible
for what you believe.
All order turns to chaos,
all God's children,
grow some balls.

deryk
03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Nice pastiche! I must admit, I'm super depressed now.

Gerri2011
03-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I loved your poetry and read it urgently always...your opinion is obvious and nasty...what a total waste of your talent...I won't race to read your poetry anymore...so sad. Is that balls enough for ya?

deryk
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I loved your poetry and read it urgently always...your opinion is obvious and nasty...what a total waste of your talent...I won't race to read your poetry anymore...so sad. Is that balls enough for ya?

I think it hurts because it's so effective. I'm not into holding back either, that's for advertising, not poetry.

Delta40
03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Is this about individualism? How does the poet separate themselves from the what so obviously goes on about them as if to (tacitly) suggest a measure of exclusion? I'm so glad you're not like one of us simple humans Jerry. Where would we be without you?

IceM
03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Your poetry would be better served with more caesuras. I feel like your insistence on enjambment actually hurts the cadence of your poem.

My favorite lines were the first three.

deryk
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Your poetry would be better served with more caesuras. I feel like your insistence on enjambment actually hurts the cadence of your poem.

Because the setting is nihilism, I would argue that there ought to be even more enjambments until it became nearly unreadable. It is a deliberate death to music. I think he was already compromising.

PrinceMyshkin
03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Well, it's a rant - and one doesn't expect much poetry to accompany or express a rant.

everyadventure
03-16-2011, 12:16 PM
I liked the idea of you woop wooping in the perfect vacuum... a rather difficult task, though, for someone who has ceased to exist ;)

YesNo
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
When the stars blow away as dust
and forever is dark and empty
where will your God be?

I guess whatever God I believe in would be in whatever dimensions consciousness occupies now. When this space-time universe is over perhaps another universe will pop out of nothing like this one did. At least that's what I understand scientists say happened with the current one we are in. Perhaps we'll get reincarnated over again in that new universe.

Reincarnated over again and over again.

And over again.

deryk
03-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I guess whatever God I believe in would be in whatever dimensions consciousness occupies now. When this space-time universe is over perhaps another universe will pop out of nothing like this one did. At least that's what I understand scientists say happened with the current one we are in. Perhaps we'll get reincarnated over again in that new universe.

Reincarnated over again and over again.

And over again.

That might be the most dreadful thing I've ever heard. Personally, I'd rather become drosophila in this world. /End rant.

Mutatis-Mutandis
03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I think some are taking this poem a tad too seriously.

Delta40
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I was drunk when I posted....

Mutatis-Mutandis
03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
You type quite well when drunk. :lol:

Delta40
03-16-2011, 09:06 PM
You type quite well when drunk. :lol:

maybe but I can't read my own handwriting which is shame since I wrote pages yesterday :svengo:

YesNo
03-17-2011, 09:54 AM
That might be the most dreadful thing I've ever heard. Personally, I'd rather become drosophila in this world. /End rant.
:iagree:

I was trying to add to the mood of Jerrybaldy's poem, deryk.

However, I got thinking about the universe popping out of nothing and noticed moonbird's limerick and so wrote something that I guess was inspired by Jerrybaldy's poem, but from a more optimistic perspective: http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1017033#post1017033