PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bang Theory

Helga
01-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Talking about a good show! the How I met Your Mother thread made me wanna talk about this favorite of mine! I love the Big Bang Theory.

Sheldon of course is the best character, and I love the Will Wheaton recurrence, all of them.

does anybody else love it?

AFK

Dodo25
01-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Yeah, it's my favorite show, maybe tied with 'Dexter' but that's a wholly different genre.

I loved the two episodes with Penny's really stupid boyfriend. And the early ones with Amy, though by now I think they coulda done better with her. Raj is my favorite character next to the obvious Sheldon. Sometimes Leonard is a bit boring, but that's probably unavoidable given he's the glue that holds everyone together.

MystyrMystyry
01-11-2011, 06:05 AM
I've only recently discovered it, and it is very funny (only just then did I realise the double entendre in the title?) but I've only seen to end of series two

So yeah - consistently amusing and well written 10/10

Bastable
01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Love the big bang theory. I recently watched the first three seasons in one marathon session while i was recovering from an infection. However the placing of science, and especially physics, as the greatest achievement of humanity, and the most important academic pursuit to the point of rendering all others null, bothered me.

Helga
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I have watched every show at least twice and they are always just as funny as the first time. I like that the science is real and there is a real physicist on set and he even has a blog where he explains the science behind the show, thebigblogtheory.com I think.

they are all so different but still so similar. The reason why I love Sheldon is his need to have a routine and you know where everything is and everything is labeled! I would love having the same dinner every Monday and Thursday is always pizza night, as a kid I remember asking her once if we could do that but she said no :(

and AFK is funny

iamnobody
01-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I love this show! It's just about the only thing on TV I care to watch these days.

Taliesin
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I liked the first three seasons but it starting to watch the fourth, it seemed to have gotten rather old - I feel that they have already used up most of their potential for humor.

Helga
01-12-2011, 04:13 PM
it is always funny when Penny has a nerd moment, like when she was comforting Sheldon by quoting the new Star Trek film or when she explained his seat on the couch.

I also find it very funny when Raj makes a joke about India, how crowded it is or that the food sucks.
I don't think Leonard is boring he is just the closest to 'normal' of the group.

what mom do you guys think is the best guest character?

I would say Leonard's mom, don't know why though...

weltanschauung
01-15-2011, 12:31 PM
got old fast.

qimissung
01-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I am still enjoying it. :D

Loved the episode where Leonard pretended to know about football, and the one where he tried to tke Penny to Switzerland. Sheldon is the funniest, and Raj is my favorite, but I like them all.

grinchy_monsta
01-17-2011, 04:10 AM
omg i love the big bang theory, that and that 70's show!! :D they are so funny!!

Veho
03-23-2012, 07:20 PM
The Big Bang Theory is great. It's one of those shows that can cheer you up within five minutes of watching an episode. Like Friends.

cacian
03-24-2012, 04:19 AM
My partner is addicted to it but it is a bit tense for me.
I cannot watch it all the way through.

Helga
03-24-2012, 11:49 AM
The first 3 seasons are great, it's been a bit downhill after Amy came along and it's less and less science and nerd stuff and more relationship stuff, and that really sucks. I hear Nimoy is gonna visit so that will be cool.

I still think I'd like living with Sheldon, everything so organized and geeky. I often quote him in conversations. the best thing he ever said was about his comfort zone 'it's called a comfort zone for a reason so why step outside it?'

Paulclem
03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
I watch it with my daughter - we both really like it. I haven't seen many of them yet.

AuntShecky
03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
The show is in syndication now, with two back-to-back episodes each weeknight. They aren't shown in chronological sequence, though, so in at 7:00 Leonard and Penny are in a hot-and-heavy romantic relationship, while at 7:30 they're just getting to know one another. Maybe this is an illustration of a fractured space-time continuum.

I really enjoy this show, but come next week I'll probably abandon this guilty
pleasure in order to watch my other guilty pleasure--Major League Baseball!

OrphanPip
03-24-2012, 05:19 PM
The show is in syndication now, with two back-to-back episodes each weeknight. They aren't shown in chronological sequence, though, so in at 7:00 Leonard and Penny are in a hot-and-heavy romantic relationship, while at 7:30 they're just getting to know one another. Maybe this is an illustration of a fractured space-time continuum.

I really enjoy this show, but come next week I'll probably abandon this guilty
pleasure in order to watch my other guilty pleasure--Major League Baseball!

Ha, we probably get the same Fox channel since you live in upstate New York. Someone in charge of the programming schedule should really do something about that.

BookBeauty
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
It's all been said before-- Fun, and well-written.

One of the makers also made Dharma and Greg... Chuck Lorre was his name. Him with Dottie Dartland. Another show I loved. Good times.

LilJoe44
04-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I just started getting into the show. I'm such a sketch I can't figure out what show I was tied into previously at that time.

Best thing about picking a show up later in it's years is that you can sit back and watch a couple episodes a day in syndication. I don't have to wait a week get my "fix"

Helga
04-05-2012, 06:55 PM
last weeks episode was good, Leonard Nimoy,is always cool and the Gorn, ah memories of childhood watching TOS, gotta love it

LilJoe44
04-05-2012, 10:19 PM
last weeks episode was good, Leonard Nimoy,is always cool and the Gorn, ah memories of childhood watching TOS, gotta love it

I'm luckily visiting the parents this weekend, who in their old age splurged for the cable tv super duper platinum package.... Which means OnDemand... Which means I can have my own mini-BigBangTheory marathon. Will definitely check out the return of the Gorn.

Please tell me he is still a cheesy foam rubber suit and not a computerized character a la Jar Jar Binks.... If he was like Gollum I could be cool with it....

iamnobody
04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
You know you're a great big dork when....you're sooo excited about the new episode of Big Bang because Stephen Hawking is on it!:biggrin5:

Helga
04-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Hawking was so great in the latest show, and Sheldon of course was a pretty maid.

Helga
04-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm luckily visiting the parents this weekend, who in their old age splurged for the cable tv super duper platinum package.... Which means OnDemand... Which means I can have my own mini-BigBangTheory marathon. Will definitely check out the return of the Gorn.

Please tell me he is still a cheesy foam rubber suit and not a computerized character a la Jar Jar Binks.... If he was like Gollum I could be cool with it....

Oh the Gorn does not disappoint anyone

Oedipus
09-17-2013, 08:40 AM
The thought of people enjoying this vacuous trash makes me consider suicide - but, as they say, judge not lest ye be judged. I am judged on a daily basis of course, hence that whole 'who let the circus freaks out of the caravan, weirdo?' stuff, but anyway. I do not enjoy this show.

cacian
09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
The thought of people enjoying this vacuous trash makes me consider suicide - but, as they say, judge not lest ye be judged. I am judged on a daily basis of course, hence that whole 'who let the circus freaks out of the caravan, weirdo?' stuff, but anyway. I do not enjoy this show.

I think I will have to agree with you. it winds me up manic. it is the way they talk. motionless ;) my partner however is a fan.

prendrelemick
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I love it, makes me snigger like a 12 year old again.

Scheherazade
09-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Oedipus and complex always go hand in hand, it seems like.

Welcome to you both!

Helga
09-17-2013, 02:59 PM
jokes about nerds can't go wrong in my household.

Oedipus
09-18-2013, 03:07 AM
Oedipus and complex always go hand in hand, it seems like.

Welcome to you both!

Thank you for the welcome. I have many complexes - hence the pills.

Scheherazade
09-18-2013, 03:55 AM
I have many complexes I beg your pardon. Had I known, I would have said "welcome to you all!"

Oedipus
09-18-2013, 04:00 AM
Well, most of my personalities are more concerned with my failures (of which there are, as they tell me, so many) rather than yours: and again I must compliment your courtesy.

tanveer shah
11-28-2013, 07:18 AM
There are very cool information which is given by you. They all sharing are an awesome and very interesting . After reading your sharing, I am very impressed.Thanks for these.

kev67
03-17-2014, 05:43 PM
I think it's very funny. However, I can't see Sheldon getting up early in the morning to watch Dr Who on BBC America. If the bad/complete-lack-of science in Dr Who makes it unwatchable to me, it must be torture for him.