PDA

View Full Version : Romeo and Iuliet Finis.

mike thomas
12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone.

At end of play, there are three dead characters: Romeo Iuliet and Paris.

Ever noticed it? R. I . P

Chance?

zoolane
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone.

At end of play, there are three dead characters: Romeo Iuliet and Paris.

Ever noticed it? R. I . P

Chance?

Sorry but here 5 characters that are dead end of the play.

mike thomas
12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry but here 5 characters that are dead end of the play.

Hi zoolane, thanks for the effort.

I cannot see as many as five. I counted only three characters who are dead in the actual area where the graves are. (Perhaps I should have made the thing clearer, thus the relevence of R.I.P from the initials):

Paris goes first, on the point of Romeo's sword. Romeo is the second by self-poisoning. Iuliet is last. by self-stabbing (a Roman method).

There is mention by old Mountague of his wife dying broken hearted:

"Alas my liege, my wife is dead to night,
Griefe of my Sonnes exile hath stopt her breath: "

but she is not in the place where the tombs and momuments are.

Who is the fifth death character anyway?

Please let me know where I haved miscalculated.

regards

zoolane
12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi zoolane, thanks for the effort.

I cannot see as many as five. I counted only three characters who are dead in the actual area where the graves are. (Perhaps I should have made the thing clearer, thus the relevence of R.I.P from the initials):

Paris goes first, on the point of Romeo's sword. Romeo is the second by self-poisoning. Iuliet is last. by self-stabbing (a Roman method).

There is mention by old Mountague of his wife dying broken hearted:

"Alas my liege, my wife is dead to night,
Griefe of my Sonnes exile hath stopt her breath: "

but she is not in the place where the tombs and momuments are.

Who is the fifth death character anyway?

Please let me know where I haved miscalculated.

regards

Ok in Capulet vault you're right, Paris, Romeo and Juliet.

Earlier in the play Mercutio dies from Tybalt hands and in turn Tybalt from hands of Romeo through act of revenge for Mercutio death.

Silas Thorne
12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
For us to say that it might have been an intentional thing, wouldn't Romeo have died first, followed by Juliet, and then Paris? To suggest that Shakespeare wants us to reorder their names just to spell RIP would be rather pointless.

zoolane
12-08-2010, 05:34 PM
For us to say that it might have been an intentional thing, wouldn't Romeo have died first, followed by Juliet, and then Paris? To suggest that Shakespeare wants us to reorder their names just to spell RIP would be rather pointless.

With in regard of Romeo dies first was suppose happened like that, Shakespeare did writing the play with lots misunderstands and dramatic irony involve to Shakespeare it end the way did maybe show conflict and violence and most forbidden love can cause tragic ending of two young lifes.

mike thomas
12-09-2010, 05:47 PM

It is true to say that if we follow the order in which each of the 3 characters die, by their initials we would have PRI (I because in those times I was used rather than J), this would mean that PRI represents Peace In Rest, rather than the more common Rest In Peace.

mike thomas
12-10-2010, 05:04 AM

Symmetry? Iuliet between the two contenders Romeo and Paris, R. I. P.