PDA

View Full Version : Orwell's Poetry

Windup
10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Hello, I recently wrote a paper on Orwell's poetry and its direct correlation with his life. I'm now extending this paper and adjusting it for another purpose... I'm looking for further insight into his poetic writings and his political thoughts in essay form to draw some conclusions. So far I've only read "Why I Write," what are some other good essays of his to reference? Thanks for the help.

The Atheist
10-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Hello, I recently wrote a paper on Orwell's poetry and its direct correlation with his life. I'm now extending this paper and adjusting it for another purpose... I'm looking for further insight into his poetic writings and his political thoughts in essay form to draw some conclusions. So far I've only read "Why I Write," what are some other good essays of his to reference? Thanks for the help.

Politics and the English Language, A Hanging and How the Poor Die.

I would also recommend Homage to Catalonia and Down & Out in Paris & London. While they're novels rather than essys, they are both written more as a series of essays tied together than a single narrative and both contain excellent insights into his politics and beliefs.