PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Rochester's decietful chara essay help

book11
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
In the novel, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Mr. Rochester, the object of Jane's affection, is swindling Jane's heart for the benefit of his own narcissistic egocentricism. Mr. Rochester's (adventures (FIX THAT NOAWWW!!!) emphasize his exceptionally deceitful character.

I need to back this up with 3 examples and analysis so i currently have

1. Bertha mason, hid in room, bad living conditions, money marriage

2. After 1 year i will tell you why i have grace poole locked "up"

3. Garden, marry Blanche, u go to Ireland actually proposal

Need analysis on top to support that
Rochester needs to die in a hole, alone and suffering from frostbite.

kiki1982
09-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Ok, support to whoever made up the statement. Finally not 'poor Rochester, he was so good to his wife'.

What about what he says when they confront him with his adultery?

You have addressed the psychological games he plays with Jane (Ireland, clearly Mrs O'Gall in Connaught did not exist whatsoever). Is there more?

Why don't you make it more general and less specific, your points of proof I mean. Or should the paper be really really short? If not, then do 'mind-games/manipulation', 'lying' and something else, say 'praysing Jane into heaven in order for him to feel better',... I dunno, tons to do.

So he should die in a whole, suffering from frost-bite :smilielol5:. I don't think it's that bad, but nearly. :D

LostPrincess13
09-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh I simply loved this book! :D LOL! I find your request rather difficult, however. I have quite the soft spot for poor ol' Mr. Rochester. :)

Hmmm, how about exploring his "fierce" and demanding nature? The one that drove Jane away from the mansion after she found out about his wife?