PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

literachi
01-17-2003, 11:28 AM
I have to say that you all certainly show a lot of enthusiasm for learning .Somehow or the other I thought that this forum would be spilling over in requests for information. I certainly look forward to cming here in order to see if there is any soul out there who needs help on novels like:-
1)El coronel no tiene quien le escriba-Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2)Things fall apart-Chinua Achebe
3)La casa de los espiritus-Isabel Allende
4)Macbeth-Shakespeare
5)Entre Visillos-Carmen Martin Gaite
6)Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead-Tom Stoppard
7)Como agua para chocolate-Laura Esquivel
8)Cat's Eye-Margaret Atwood
9)Othello-Shakespeare
10)Moll Flanders-Daniel Defoe
11)Sense and Sensibility-Jane Austen
12)Songs of Innocence and Experience-William Blake
13)The Caretaker-Harold Pinter
14)The Glass Menagerie-Tennessee Williams
LITERACHI

Admin
01-21-2003, 12:15 AM
If you would like to write guides/summaries for any of the books on this site I'd gladly publish them. If you haven't ordered one of our CDs I'll even send you one for free.

For many of the books the summary or synopsis available isn't that great, in some cases they aren't even entirely accurate. I haven't read every book on here, so when I get these from third parties I don't recognize the inaccuracies.

Eric, son of Chuck
01-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey, not a bad idea. I'll look around, see if there's anything on this site I'm completely familiar with. What's this about a CD?

Eric, son of Chuck
01-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey, not a bad idea. I'll look around, see if there's anything on this site I'm completely familiar with. What's this about a CD?

Admin
01-23-2003, 05:44 PM
http://www.online-literature.com/cd/

Admin
01-25-2003, 12:42 PM
One thing I'd really like is a chapter by chapter summary of 1984. That is atleast a half page to a fully page of summary for each chapter.

If anyone wants a free CD, do that and you get one.

Shuai
01-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Is there anything else one can do to get a free CD?

Admin
01-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Writing a few short intro/review/summaries for any listed book would do it. Those are the roughly 2 paragraph - 1 page things posted at the home page for each book. Alot of them that are currently up are not very good.

Admin
03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Another thing one could do is write introductions to major literature periods/types. For instance an introduction to Romanticism, Existentialism, etc etc.