PDA

View Full Version : Dexter.

Zee.
07-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Has anyone been watching this show? it's absolutely brilliant.
If you have, what are your thoughts?

Ahkilleus
07-04-2010, 03:27 AM
I watched it when they aired all of the episodes on HBO. I think it's absolutely fantastic--the plot, dialogue, and acting are all superb. Much better than the usual crap on TV. The entire premise is so refreshing, and typically the structure loosely follows Greek tragedy. I love Dexter's "tragic flaw"--his sense of justice that is diametrically opposed to that of the ordinary citizen, yet it makes so much sense for him.

herzog
07-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I have all four seasons, it is a great show.

They still owe two or three more seasons to Showtime, I believe. Hopefully they don't 'overdo' it...

Haunted
07-04-2010, 09:20 AM
I was hooked after the first episode. I don't have cable so I have to wait for the following summers for the DVDs. Yes, it's all that, refreshing, brilliant, well acted.

Anyone read the books? How do they compare to the screenplays? I'm sure the books are a killer read as well, or else it wouldn't be adapted for TV in the first place.

Zee.
07-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm reading the book now.. well ' books ' it's three in one.
It's okay.. not as good as the show.
Massive comma over use though..

qimissung
07-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I've loved it. I'm a little nervous about next year, though, and I wish last season hadn't ended the way it did.

John Lithgow was absolutely brilliant, and it was fascinating to watch Dexter observe his interactions with his family, then watch it unfold as he learned of Lithgow's abuse, and how Dexter then tried to help them.

Yes, I know I'm being namby-pamby, but I didn't like that the writers left his baby in that situation. I guess they couln't resist it though.

Haunted
07-06-2010, 06:49 AM
One of my favorite lines — I don't know the exact words but it goes like this...

when Rita was having a warm and fuzzy moment with her kids, Dexter says (in narration):

"if I had a heart, it would be melting right now."

Zee.
07-06-2010, 07:08 AM
^ Yes yes! i remember I loved that line.

Haunted
07-06-2010, 07:12 AM
another favorite line....

early on when they were just seeing each other and I think Rita mentioned about children, then Dexter says something like this:

"She wants to take it (their relationship) to the next level. But I don't have a next level."

qimissung
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I can hear his rather dry voice now.Those little asides are a large part of what makes the show so well-written and wonderful.

Wilde woman
07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Amazing show! My boyfriend and I started watching it on DVD on a whim, and fell in love. We finished all the seasons in about a month. I was aghast at how the last season ended, and I'm anxious to see how Dexter will deal with it.

Michael Hall has such a recognizable voice; I always get a chill when I hear him voicing the Dodge car commercials.

qimissung
07-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Me, too!!!

Jazz_
07-25-2010, 03:59 AM
I have all four seasons, love it :D
Didn't think Season 3 was as good as the others, but enjoyed Season 4 a lot more.

I can't wait to see what Dexter does after the dramatic end to Season 4...

Desolation
07-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I've seen everything except season 4 (I know how it ends though...Thank you, internet). It's my second favorite show of all time, after Californication.

Unfortunately, I don't have Showtime, so I have to wait until it comes to DVD to watch it. Hopefully that problem will be resolved soon, as I'll have a job by the time next season starts and will able to get Showtime.

Haunted
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM
hey guys, don't give away Season 4. I haven't seen it, waiting anxiously for the DVD!!!

Dark Passenger
01-20-2011, 07:48 AM
I love the show, even though I found season 5 slightly disappointing.

Dodo25
01-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I love it too, and I really liked season 5, especially because of Lumen (I know many people don't like the character but I do). I didn't like season 3..

Best moments:
1) Deb to Dexter, pulling out a gun: "On the ground mother****er"
2) Dexter pushing Astor into the pool.

I'm somewhat nervous about the ending of the show. It's so great till now, I would really hate if the writers messed up the ending. It needs to be dramatic. And I really hope Deb finally finds out everything already, that would make things interesting!

Edit: BTW, what's the use of censorship if it's just gonna emphasize the word even more? I never understood that..

qimissung
10-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Is anybody watching Season 7? Apparently next year will be the last.

I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. Last season was OK, but Dodo25's statement that she would like for Deb to find out everything, I did not want Deb to find out. But since she has, I personally think it would have been better if they'd saved that for the last season.

Thoughts, anyone?

Shalot
10-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Is anybody watching Season 7? Apparently next year will be the last.

I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. Last season was OK, but Dodo25's statement that she would like for Deb to find out everything, I did not want Deb to find out. But since she has, I personally think it would have been better if they'd saved that for the last season.

Thoughts, anyone?

I'm watching it. It's excruciating to have to wait for the next episode to air. I didn't get into Dexter until season 6 was airing, so I had to the pleasure and luxury of watching seasons 1 through 5 when I wanted.

I loved season 5 and I loved Lumen.

I don't want him to get caught. I want this show to go on and on and on but since it looks like the show is coming to an end, there will likely be season 7 and 8 and that's all. I despise Louis. I wonder if Louis is as bad as he looks, and I'm wondering if his blood will wind up on a slide. I'm wondering if Louis, according to Harry's code, deserves to have his blood mounted on one of Dexter's slides.