PDA

View Full Version : Finding Forrester

Aragorn Elessar
06-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Have any of you ever seen the 2000 film Finding Forrester?

The story involves a reclusive writer, played by Sean Connery. I won't ruin the plot for you (I myself never read plot summaries before I read a book or watch a movie.) But I found it to be a very unique film, and I recommend it to any avid writers out there.

skib
06-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Agreed. That is actually one of my favorite films out there, which says something because I typically dislike movies that thought provoking.

Emil Miller
06-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Have any of you ever seen the 2000 film Finding Forrester?

The story involves a reclusive writer, played by Sean Connery. I won't ruin the plot for you (I myself never read plot summaries before I read a book or watch a movie.) But I found it to be a very unique film, and I recommend it to any avid writers out there.

Just checked it out and discovered that it is just another example of racial engineering.

River Boy
06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
'Racial engineering'? This is the only film I've seen with no Harlem stereotypes at all, every character comes across as being very human and there is no blatant attempt to gain sympathy for black society.

Agree with the first posters, this is a wonderfully touching film depicting an unlikely friendship and especially inspirational if you enjoy writing. Whoever wrote the script knew what they were going on about.