PDA

View Full Version : Coming this fall...Secretariat!!!

chum
06-10-2010, 09:53 PM
If you do not know, Secretariat is considered by many to be the Greatest Race-horse of all time. He won the "Triple Crown" in 1973. His clinching victory in The Belmont Stakes is unbelievable!

Kentucky Derby: Last to first! Still standing track record!
Preakness: Last to first! Official Timer machine malfunctioned but all race enthusiasts know he also has that record!
Belmont Stakes: Shattered track record by 2.35 seconds and beat the field by...are you ready?: THIRTY ONE LENGTHS!!!

First non-human in ESPN's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th Century...#35!

After autopsy, it was discovered his heart weighed over 22 pounds! The largest ever recorded!

Watch some You Tube videos: He was so amazing it will make you cry!

http://www.championsgallery.com/Secretariat%20The%20Photo%20Double%20Signed.jpg

http://www.championsgallery.com/Secretariat%20onto%20Track%20Bel.jpg

Wilde woman
06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
I admit I'm speechlessly excited about this. I've watched Secretariat's historic Belmont so many times and it still gives me chills.

I can't believe they got Diane Lane and John Malkovich to star in it. Can you imagine the genius Malkovich will bring to Lucien Laurin?? :D That's some major talent. I wonder who'll they'll get to play Ron Turcotte.

I'm glad Seabiscuit is bringing racing to the big screen more often. Now, we just need a quality film about Ruffian.

chum
06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I admit I'm speechlessly excited about this. I've watched Secretariat's historic Belmont so many times and it still gives me chills.

Track Announcer..."Secretariat is moving like a Tremendous Machine!"

I do not know if I can sit through this movie without crying! Not just about his untimley death at 19, but the whole darned thing!
I was showing my Wife and Daughter the you tube clips and I just start crying...I do not know why! He was just so amazing!!!

1n50mn14
06-12-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty excited to see this, but it looks like a blatant rip off of Seabiscuit. They seem to be playing all the same angles as they did with the Biscuit, with regards to the family side of it, and the love/partnership of the owners/trainers/jockeys with the horses. I really hate that glorification of the racing world, because the reality is that most people are in it for MONEY and if the horses aren't winning, or even if they do win, when they are done their career, they end up at slaughter. The public doesn't realize that because they get fed all this lovey dovey crap from Hollywood. </endrant>

Anyway. Looks like a good flick. Very excite dto go and see it.