PDA

View Full Version : Women Die Younger When With Younger Men

Virgil
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought this a fascinating article and study.

Cougars die young (but sugar daddies live to a ripe old age)
By Fiona Macrae

His baby face and taut torso may make her the envy of her friends. But a toyboy husband could send a woman to an early grave.

Research shows that women who tie the knot with younger men tend to die before their time. And the younger her beloved is, the harder it is on her health.

Men, on the other hand appear to thrive when they when they marry someone younger. In fact, the more youthful his wife, the longer a man lives.

The finding will be a shock to growing numbers of 'cougars' - middle-aged

The disparity was revealed by an analysis of the marriage and death records of two million Dutch men and women.

It showed that men who marry younger women live longer than those who choose a spouse of their own age. SNIP

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1277861/Cougars-die-young-Sugar-daddies-live-ripe-old-age.html#ixzz0nr78A4Zg

I guess this is more of the conspiracy men have plotted against women. :D So is this more support for a natural law between the sexes, of it being natural for men to marry younger women? I think so. :wink5:

Joreads
05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
I love the part where it says men live longer because women nurse them as they get older. Ain's that the truth.

For the record I am the younger one by 15 years does that mean I live longer?

keilj
05-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I've seen those studies before.

The reason they die sooner when they are with men is simple: men suck the life out of them - probably because the women have to wait on them hand and foot. I know of very, very few married men who know how to buy groceries, wash clothes, cook, wash dishes.

In fact, it's a little sad, but telling - I personally knew an old guy who, when his wife passed away, he would eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner and whatnot, because he knew nothing about cooking/diet

I must say - though I am a guy - I sometimes get frustrated at some of my women friends when I see just how much they do around the house for their husbands - it's like they are their moms and not their wives

:rant:

Virgil
05-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I love the part where it says men live longer because women nurse them as they get older. Ain's that the truth.

For the record I am the younger one by 15 years does that mean I live longer?
Probably so, if the study is accurate. :) All I can sayis thank God for my wife. Where would I be without her? :wink5:

The reason they die sooner when they are with men is simple: men suck the life out of them -
:lol:

probably because the women have to wait on them hand and foot. I know of very, very few married men who know how to buy groceries, wash clothes, cook, wash dishes.

So why is it the opposite for an older man/younger woman? Wouldn't an older man be more demanding?

Maryd.
05-13-2010, 08:28 PM

The reason they die sooner when they are with men is simple: men suck the life out of them - probably because the women have to wait on them hand and foot. I know of very, very few married men who know how to buy groceries, wash clothes, cook, wash dishes.

In fact, it's a little sad, but telling - I personally knew an old guy who, when his wife passed away, he would eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner and whatnot, because he knew nothing about cooking/diet

I must say - though I am a guy - I sometimes get frustrated at some of my women friends when I see just how much they do around the house for their husbands - it's like they are their moms and not their wives

:rant:

Wow keilj, you wrote, what I was thinking...

Especially about the women who do things around the house for their hubbies...

keilj
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow keilj, you wrote, what I was thinking...

Especially about the women who do things around the house for their hubbies...

heh

yeah, I know there are exceptions - but I see it so often where the wife will do ALL of the frequent chores - like cooking and laundry - and the guy will cut the grass once every 2 weeks - or climb a ladder to change a light bulb once in a blue moon

I get on my guys friends at work and stuff - when they admit that they do not even know how to put the soap in their washing machine

Maryd.
05-13-2010, 09:45 PM
heh

yeah, I know there are exceptions - but I see it so often where the wife will do ALL of the frequent chores - like cooking and laundry - and the guy will cut the grass once every 2 weeks - or climb a ladder to change a light bulb once in a blue moon

I get on my guys friends at work and stuff - when they admit that they do not even know how to put the soap in their washing machine

Good for you... The sad part is I do most the grass cutting and ladder climing as well... Hmmm...

MANICHAEAN
05-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Virgil, I always remember the TV interview where George Burns (then in his late 80's) was asked "What are you doing now George?"

"Oh" he said "I eat well, like a good drink & play around with young women"

"Play around with young women George!" said the presenter somewhat surprised. "Why is that?"

George's response "Because I can't find any my own age".

Virgil
05-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Virgil, I always remember the TV interview where George Burns (then in his late 80's) was asked "What are you doing now George?"

"Oh" he said "I eat well, like a good drink & play around with young women"

"Play around with young women George!" said the presenter somewhat surprised. "Why is that?"

George's response "Because I can't find any my own age".

:lol: I remember that too.

applepie
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
I read this, and I just sort of smiled. I suppose there are all kinds of reasons, and keilj you likely have a point over chores and such. I do the bulk in my home, but the truth is that if my husband wasn't around I would still be doing them, and then it would be all without someone to even cut the grass. I'll not complain, I get out of yard work :D

Just out of curiosity, why do they do studies on things like this??? I honestly don't get the point. I could do a study to prove the hypothesis that people who generally drive 10 miles over the speed limit are more likely to die young, but why? I just don't see the point in doing research about silly things. Is there some biological imperative to warn people away from one another, but that can't be it since I read a study that married couples live longer than unmarried ones :devil: I love science, but please for the love of god people find other things to look at ;)

Virgil
05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Just out of curiosity, why do they do studies on things like this??? I honestly don't get the point. I could do a study to prove the hypothesis that people who generally drive 10 miles over the speed limit are more likely to die young, but why? I just don't see the point in doing research about silly things. Is there some biological imperative to warn people away from one another, but that can't be it since I read a study that married couples live longer than unmarried ones :devil: I love science, but please for the love of god people find other things to look at ;)

They do research on all sorts of demographics becuase you never know what the link between things are. For instance, there is a correlation between plaque between your teeth and heart disease. Now who would have thought of that. But broad research identified the correlation and then the scientists figure out the causal mechanism. Computers today can absorb and correlate thousands pieces of information.

L.M. The Third
05-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Perhaps I should give this article to the 90 year old woman of my acquaintance who is married to a man who is 50 (at oldest.) She's actually 'well preserved' for one of her age, but we've always wondered about the fact her husband got his farm through marriage...

Delta40
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
It is my understanding that the reason sugar daddies live longer is because their partner is more likely to nurse them as opposed to toy boys, who are less inclined to support the health and wellbeing of their partner. I buy that - just visit any nursing home and see who the visitors are!

On the other hand married men live longer than single men. Single women live longer than married women!

Niamh
05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
I think its to do with maturity levels. younger men are not on the same level as older women, being more immature so the older women has to deal with the youthful childlike behaviour of the younger man, whose brain functions in the wrong place and expects the older woman to be more of a mammy replacement than anything! :D hehe Women are generally on a similar maturity as men older than them, ones who have experienced more in life and are probably a bit wiser.

BienvenuJDC
05-14-2010, 05:17 PM
:D hehe Women are generally on a similar maturity as men older than them, ones who have experienced more in life and are probably a bit wiser.

This is a concept that women like to portray. I don't think that there is any factual basis to it, but I am sure that someone will dig up a study that they think proves it. One would first have to define what maturity is. Having a drive to be in control is not necessarily being more mature. Desiring affection is not necessarily being immature. We all have examples that we think proves our point, but I think that we all are biased by our opinions.

JuniperWoolf
05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
This is a concept that women like to portray.

My boyfriend has taught every grade, and he says that the boys are always more immature (in every single grade, preschool to 12). Dave happens to have a penis, so it's not just women who hold the opinion that males take longer to mature than females. Also, statistics (which I'm told don't have a gender) indicate that males are more likely to go to the principal's office, the emergency room (because of injuries brought on by redonkulous accidents brought on by stupidity), and even prison (the last stats that I saw were from 2001 in my anthropology textbook, and it said that men where 6x more likely to be incarcerated).

But yeah, you're right. The tendancy for men to be more immature than women is just a concept that women "like" to portray.

BienvenuJDC
05-14-2010, 06:04 PM
An aggressive nature driven my testosterone is not immaturity. Measuring maturity between apples and oranges does not bring accurate conclusions.

Virgil
05-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, I'll give the women that girls mature faster up through teens, but once in their twenties and older I don't think there's a dimes worth of difference. If anything I think men are more mature (shall we compare who handles finances better?), but that's just a subjective opinion.

1n50mn14
05-14-2010, 11:11 PM
It's because men are emotional vampire who live off of sucking the life force out of women.
(Sorry, this is in serious discussions, isn't it?)

dizzydoll
05-15-2010, 02:36 AM
:D hehe Women are generally on a similar maturity as men older than them, ones who have experienced more in life and are probably a bit wiser.

This works better for me, altho I might add that I prefer that we both return to childishness as my older gent and I get older together. I hope it will turn out like this, if not... it wasnt supposed to be.

Cunninglinguist
05-15-2010, 03:19 AM
I think one of the main reasons females mature faster than males grow up is because of how the school system is structed. Sitting in desks for what seems like umpteen hours a day listening to some underpaid public school teacher does not usually facilitate maturation in males, who are designed to be more active.

But regardless, in many respects maturity is merely a slowly encroaching disease that kills ones youth and culminates in ones death. It constantly pulls our hearts away from the warm and creative towards the cold and methodical. A man who cannot create and wonder, a man who cannot step outside of the box, becomes the living sepulchre of himself. Etiquette, maturity’s facet, is only a set of bad habits that the esoteric designed to indulge their vanity. The ailment of maturation is a blight I do not wish to have; I wish to be free from it like a slave from his slave driver. If you want maturity you can have it, but I'd think you were a fool for taking it. Who would caress such a snake and hold it so close to their bosom that it could gnaw into it and fill their heart with venom, and even be so hysterical as to believe that the snake was somehow beneficial? Only a woman would be so foolishly thoughtless letting that snake trick her (for the good book (the bible) shows us that snakes find women notoriously easy to fool)!

P.S. this is chavinistic literary humor. I'm not a bigot O:)

dizzydoll
05-15-2010, 04:05 AM
You express yourself very well Linguist, I learn from people like you. Your writing style has good rhythm and beat, just like music. Welcome to LitNet.

Apart from that I believe this/your post has an excellent message.

P.S. this is chavinistic literary humor. I'm not a bigot O:)

well thats a relief, there are already too many in the world. lol.

Cunninglinguist
05-15-2010, 04:55 AM
well thats a relief, there are already too many in the world. lol.
True that. lol

Petrarch's Love
05-15-2010, 11:20 AM
(shall we compare who handles finances better?), but that's just a subjective opinion.

Virgil! What exactly is that supposed to mean? Are you emboldened by the fact that you are going off to Kazakhstan and feel safe in the idea that the wrath of American women can't follow you there? You do know you'll be stuck on a plane next too Puss'nboots for hours, though, right? Mrs. Virgil, could you straighten him out some for us on the way?

I do agree with your earlier point that men and women probably tend to be equally mature/immature from about their mid twenties on. It really varies even through their late teens and, in some cases, early twenties though. I'm not even talking about emotional maturity per se, though that can also be part of it. Among the young college students I teach there is a marked difference between the physical development of the boys and the girls, especially in their freshman and sophomore years. Most of the girls tend to look like fully mature young women, but I would say that at least half of the guys are clearly still growing, getting their beards in, just not fully developed yet. I think there is also sometimes a gap between the emotional maturity of younger college age guys and college girls, though I think much less than in high school, and the guys change a lot by the time they are seniors (around 22). This is not to say that there aren't immature girls too, or that I don't know some young men who are very mature, but that in general the guys seem to be the ones who have more catching up to do maturity-wise in their early years. Among men and women my own age (mid to late twenties) I don't see as much of this kind of clearly marked difference.

soundofmusic
05-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I have a friend who takes in the South American sun and girls every winter; this year he just had bypass surgery and could barely walk when he left...he came back a different person.

I think we cougars take care of our men at any age; and wear ourselves out chasing them when they are young. Men, on the other hand, sit back and let the young girls bring them wine and feed them grapes, watch their calories and take long walks on the beach..

Emil Miller
05-15-2010, 05:54 PM
IMen, on the other hand, sit back and let the young girls bring them wine and feed them grapes, watch their calories and take long walks on the beach..

Well, I had a much younger girlfriend who would dutifully go to the cornerstore and buy my beer but she didn't exactly feed me grapes; although she did say that I should eat more fruit. There aren't any beaches in London but she did quack on about calories and taking more excercise.

JuniperWoolf
05-15-2010, 05:55 PM
An aggressive nature driven my testosterone is not immaturity.

Haha, I wouldn't call going to the emergency room because you shoved a marble up your nose in the tenth grade which got stuck "aggressive nature driven by testosterone" (true story).

shall we compare who handles finances better?

Certainly. Where would you like to start?

I think we cougars take care of our men at any age; and wear ourselves out chasing them when they are young.

:lol: When I was in middle school, whenever someone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grow up I'd respond with "a cougar!" I got some good laughs with that one.

Cunninglinguist
05-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Haha, I wouldn't call going to the emergency room because you shoved a marble up your nose in the tenth grade which got stuck "aggressive nature driven by testosterone"
Thanks for the poetry inspiration:

Maturity

When it comes to gender
I was not always sure
Who was more mature.
Until I saw one day
A surprising display:
From a bet his friend’s made,
A boy ended in the hospital for aid.

He was a boy of fifteen.
Reason he forgoes,
shoves a marble in his nose,
And causes his mum’s woes.
So now I must suppose
That girls are the wiser race,
For they never lodge marbles up in their face.

Maturity v.2

When it comes to gender
I was not always sure
Who was more mature,
Until I saw one day
A surprising display:
Commonsense un-keen,
A boy of years fifteen,
His reason he forgoes
And shoves a marble up his nose,
And lands in the hospital for aid
From that bet his friends had made.
So now I must suppose
That girls are the far wiser race,

dizzydoll
05-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the poetry inspiration:

Maturity

When it comes to gender
I was not always sure
Who was more mature.
Until I saw one day
A surprising display:
From a bet his friend’s made,
A boy ended in the hospital for aid.

He was a boy of fifteen.
Reason he forgoes,
shoves a marble in his nose,
And causes his mum’s woes.
So now I must suppose
That girls are the wiser race,

That is a beautiful poem and so true to form. Altho I might add when I was young I stuck bubblegum in my eyes while playing with toys in the bath. I wanted sunglasses you see. lol. So funny I couldnt see for days after my mother scrubbed my eyes to get rid of all that goo. I recall insisting the light stay on while I slept, probably because the lights rays were still visible even tho these eyes were plugged closed for which seemed eternity. For a little person everything seems an eternity. On the flip side, now at 98, time flies faster than I am able to think. lol.

Besides all that, its true... women grow up faster than men and that seems such a shame. Thank God for second childhood. lol.

edited to add: I must be suffering from ADD. lol. My younger brother was in the same tub as me, and he wouldnt put bubblegum in his eyes when I asked him to play we had sunglasses on. This shows he was more mature than me, even tho he was 18 months younger.

Maturity v.2

When it comes to gender
I was not always sure
Who was more mature,
Until I saw one day
A surprising display:
Commonsense un-keen,
A boy of years fifteen,
His reason he forgoes
And shoves a marble up his nose,
And lands in the hospital for aid
From that bet his friends had made.
So now I must suppose
That girls are the far wiser race,

Excellent edit, and so very true. Girls are far wiser. lol. Now all we need is one to run the US government. lol. Bet I'm gonna pick up flack for that remark. Altho probably not, cos we're not allowed to go political here. Thank God for that, who wants to talk about criminals anyway.

Revolte
05-16-2010, 04:58 AM
Besides all that, its true... women grow up faster than men and that seems such a shame. Thank God for second childhood. lol.

yup it's true, I only have one real good friend whos male, all the other people im close to are female, for that very reason. Besides, talking about sex and alchohol gets old after a while, unless of course your conversing with the other sex, then it gets interesting. :piggy:

dizzydoll
05-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Revolte, youve got your head screwed on the right way round thats for sure. Some men look the other way and forget to look back, resulting in expensive lessons. If I may add some honest advice as a women, watch your friends closely -- sometimes your best friend. More often than you realise HE will come onto your lady, when you are away and then blame it on her insecurity when you approach him. This happened to me often, and yet he was so foolish to believe his friend over my word. I never did cheat with the scumb bag anyway but they never stopped trying when my mans back was turned. Take it or leave it but add it to your understanding that situations like this are possible and most likely probable.

I have a friend Norman, bless his soul I wonder where he is today, anyway he went to jail for 3 years -- first time offender, blue collar crime. Now before he went to jail, I would stop by for a drink at his pub. I had a face and body that didnt fit well in overalls and gumboots but that didnt deter me if I wished to have a quick drink after work. This freaked Norman out "forvever", we had lenghty discussions on how it was NOT the womans right to earn a living and she should stay at home and enjoy the lifestyle her husband provides. We never did agree and for the most part Norman was under the impression all women were half-wits.

Anyway years later, we visit Norman [a few of us ladies] in jail with goodies to make his life bearable there. Over lunch one day after Norman had been released, he was a changed man in more ways than one, he cried as he told me how all his friends had scammed him while he was in jail, his property abused and sold leaving his wife all but destitute. After this Norman trusted women more than the men in his life. He went a step further, he encouraged women, he supported them... he is a much gentler Norman today, he had to go to jail to find that out in himself, so in my eyes it was worth it... altho I am sure he would disagree.

Basil
05-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Haha, I wouldn't call going to the emergency room because you shoved a marble up your nose in the tenth grade which got stuck "aggressive nature driven by testosterone" (true story).
An episode of "Home Movies" dealt with this very subject. After his younger sister has to be taken to the hospital after sticking marbles up her nose, Brendan decides to make a public service announcement/heavy metal video warning kids not to stick marbles in their noses. However, due to the slightly ambiguous nature of the song's lyrics, it actually has the opposite effect and makes kids WANT to put marbles up their noses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZD1XcvtHPs

BienvenuJDC
05-16-2010, 03:06 PM
An episode of "Home Movies" dealt with this very subject. After his younger sister has to be taken to the hospital after sticking marbles up her nose, Brendan decides to make a public service announcement/heavy metal video warning kids not to stick marbles in their noses. However, due to the slightly ambiguous nature of the song's lyrics, it actually has the opposite effect and makes kids WANT to put marbles up their noses.

Wait...I thought that BOYS were the only ones that did stupid things like that...

Revolte
05-17-2010, 05:25 AM

lol I remember that episode, I love that show.

Olga4real
06-22-2010, 05:41 AM
I thought this a fascinating article and study.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1277861/Cougars-die-young-Sugar-daddies-live-ripe-old-age.html#ixzz0nr78A4Zg

I guess this is more of the conspiracy men have plotted against women. :D So is this more support for a natural law between the sexes, of it being natural for men to marry younger women? I think so. :wink5:

Virgil, just want to call your attention to this study by Rosemary Black - I found on internet: Women who are much older or younger than their husbands have a lower life expectancy

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/05/12/2010-05-12_women_who_are_much_older_or_younger_than_their_ husbands_have_a_lower_life_expect.html

So no matter if my husband is older or younger I will die earlier. Would I marry an older man?

Virgil
06-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Virgil, just want to call your attention to this study by Rosemary Black - I found on internet: Women who are much older or younger than their husbands have a lower life expectancy

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/05/12/2010-05-12_women_who_are_much_older_or_younger_than_their_ husbands_have_a_lower_life_expect.html

So no matter if my husband is older or younger I will die earlier. Would I marry an older man?

Olga, that was fascinating. Thank you. :)

Interesting that no matter what age, married people lived longer than unmarried.