PDA

View Full Version : thinking about students...a lot

motherhubbard
05-01-2010, 01:03 AM
How much time do you spend thinking about your students? Some of the kids in my class are exceptional in that they have these very challenging lives and situations and somehow manage to come to class learn. Some of them are dealing with things I could not deal with. My internship ends next Friday and I will not see these children again. I wonder what will happen to them and who they will grow up to be. My excitement for the end is a little overshadowed by seeing these kids go. I'm I going to spend the rest of my life thinking about what's going on with the kids in my class wondering about what kind of life they made for themselves?

Paulclem
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
It depends whether you continue teaching or not. I see kids|I taught 15 years ago sometimes and it is really nice to see them and ask how they're doing, but because I continued teaching for 8 years, there were lots of kids. I do think about certain ones who were from deprived backgrounds, and wonder how they've got on, as well as the ones who were really funny or nice.

SFG75
08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
It is only natural that you will be concerned about your students. A lot of the thought process relates to how each individual learns and how to tap into that. It sounds easier than it is done, but such a process can take a good period of time. When you are in such a mood, it's usually best to go for a long walk or exercise. In doing those things, you'll be surprised at what new ideas you come up with that help you.