PDA

View Full Version : Faulkner's Landing in Luck

FrankMarcopolos
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm trying to find a short story by William Faulkner entitled, "Landing in Luck." It was his first published story, in 1919. I can't seem to find it collected anywhere, nor as text on the web (it's now in the public domain.) If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Frank

Babak Movahed
05-02-2010, 01:53 AM
I think there are a few Faulkner anthologies out there but I wouldn't know where to find them, I wish I did though; Faulkner is like the best American author in my opinion.

FrankMarcopolos
05-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I found the story. It was collected in an anthology of First-Published stories by various writers. I'll be performing it on frankmarcopolos.com soon.

Cheers,

Frank

Brad Coelho
05-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I was tangentially wondering why Faulkner's 'A Fable' isn't carried in any major book shop either? Granted, the Rievers & Fable were minor relative to the Faulkner canon, but they did both garner Pulitzers and the latter has essentially disappeared from most any Barnes & Noble I've waltzed into. I guess it just didn't sell. It is one of the few I've never read, and if I finally run into I'll probably pick it up simply for the novelty of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't take a lot of pride in it (not to say it matters, as he ripped Sanctuary apart, yet we're still enjoying it today)? Was it because Bloom slammed it or is it really just trite by comparison to the rest of the Faulkner library?