04-26-2010, 05:09 PM
What do you make of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ks_AVND3g&feature=related
Freemasonry and the Illuminati part 1. -- 10mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSwFje-IlTc&NR=1
Freemasonry - Secret Society - part 2. -- 10mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzdGguB6EE&NR=1
Freemasonry - Secret Society - part 3. -- 3.41mins

There are 11 parts but these first three will give a general idea. I'm just interested. Do you believe these mystical rituals and ceremonies?
You would know better than me, I'm in the southern hemisphere -- altho I see Zimbabwe's Cecil John Rhodes was a Freemason too.

Hawkman
04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey diz,

Have you ever read the Illuminatus trilogy by Robert Shae & Robert Anton Wilson?

There is some truly great, wacky stuff in there. I wonder if it's dated? I first read it back in the early 80's.

H

dizzydoll
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Nope Hawk I havent read it, these video's are scary enough tho. I am continuing to the end just to frighten myself so badly I will have nightmares tonight. lol. When all is said and done, the rest of the videos [beyond the first 3] are rubbish and just sensationalism.

Strange how all our values are so different, an organisation like this would just never appeal to me... Now I see where J. K. Rowling got inspired for her Harry Potter series. lol

Hawkman
04-27-2010, 03:10 AM
Hi diz,

To be honest, I am not so much disturbed by what these video clips say but more by the way they say it. The tone is reminiscent of that notorious Nazi propaganda film, “Der Ewige Jude” by Fritz Hippler. In fact I was not surprised to hear the phrase, “…Inspired by secret Jewish rituals…” as part of the narrative. I think that if it hadn’t been for the holocaust, which made anti-Semitism politically incorrect, we’d still be blaming the Jews for everything. Freemasons, the Illuminati (and any other secret societies you can think of) are just the next on the list.

These trashy, scare-mongering, tabloid-style, conspiracy-nut rantings, should not be taken too seriously. The truth is that the world is run by powerful men with lots of money for the benefit of big business. So what’s the surprise? Does anyone seriously think this is not the case?

Don’t go losing sleep over media scare mongering. Stay sane instead (lol)

Cheers, H

The Atheist
04-27-2010, 04:25 AM
What do you make of this:

Anti-semitisim, or more correctly, anti-everything-Jewishism dressed up in a semi-plausible sounding conspiracy theory.

Do you believe these mystical rituals and ceremonies?
You would know better than me, I'm in the southern hemisphere -- altho I see Zimbabwe's Cecil John Rhodes was a Freemason too.

Freemasons are blamed for lots of things, and like lots of blokes' clubs, they actually did wield some power in the dim past, and yes, they have funny rituals.

Speaking of bizarre rituals, would you believe there's a church with over a billion members that has a symbolic cannibalistic ritual each and every Sunday?

They used to wield quite a lot of power as well.

dizzydoll
04-27-2010, 07:29 AM
and like lots of blokes' clubs, they actually did wield some power in the dim past, and yes, they have funny rituals.

I must have missed that "power" the blokes club wielded in the dim past? I'm new here, can you be more specific.

Speaking of bizarre rituals, would you believe there's a church with over a billion members that has a symbolic cannibalistic ritual each and every Sunday?

They used to wield quite a lot of power as well.

Wow, now this is where I go dim... cannibalistic?? I'm at a loss, is it a joke? Or are you talking of the african army ants perhaps?

Anti-Semitic, yes you are correct of course, I never stopped to think... me dizzy. lol.

Hawkman
04-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi diz,

As to whether the Sunday ritual is actually cannibalistic would depend on your degree of belief in the transubstantiation. It was one of the early arguments against the Christian Church by the Romans that the Eucharist was an act of cannibalism. So no, sadly it is not a joke per se. I suspect The Atheist was merely trying to illustrate that "these mystical rituals and ceremonies" only seem bizzar from certain standpoints and when taken out of context.

H

applepie
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Wow, now this is where I go dim... cannibalistic?? I'm at a loss, is it a joke? Or are you talking of the african army ants perhaps?

He's referencing the Catholic Church specifically Dizzy :) Every Sunday when you take the Eucharist you are taking the "body and blood of Christ". It's all symbolic in nature, but it is symbolic cannibalism.

As for referencing them as powerful, Atheist, I would have to argue that they are still quite powerful. Maybe not to the extent that they once were, but the Vatican is one of the single most wealthy and powerful entities in the world.

The Atheist
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I must have missed that "power" the blokes club wielded in the dim past? I'm new here, can you be more specific.

Up until last century, the world was run entirely by men, aside from the odd queen.

Some of the groups men formed did wield power, and the Masons are a good example. In the 19th century, being a Freemason was almost a licence to commit crime because most judges were Masons and wouldn't send a fellow Mason to jail.

As noted, it's the Roman Catholic Church. As the priest hands out the bit of plastic bread, he says "The body of christ". Pretty funny when you think about it.

Anti-Semitic, yes you are correct of course, I never stopped to think... me dizzy. lol.

And Australian!

;)

dizzydoll
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Well as long as our Springboks continue to whip you in rugby I am perfectly happy... oh and dont forget cricket too, our boys are the best as you well know. :hurray:

The Atheist
04-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Well as long as our Springboks continue to whip you in rugby I am perfectly happy... oh and dont forget cricket too, our boys are the best as you well know. :hurray:

I'm trying to figure why I said Australian when I know you're a Saffer... All the same cannon-fodder to me, I guess.

:D

Springboks "continue" to whip the ABs?

You might be on a run of three lately, but the overall score stands at 42-33 in our favour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rugby_union_matches_between_New_Zealand _and_South_Africa), so you have a lot of ground to make up yet.

Cricket? Aren't they those black insects?

As for referencing them as powerful, Atheist, I would have to argue that they are still quite powerful. Maybe not to the extent that they once were, but the Vatican is one of the single most wealthy and powerful entities in the world.

Yes, I'd like to work out exactly what the RCC is worth in terms of asset value. Must be in the hundreds of billions worldwide.

Bastable
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM

Funny you should mention that, Atheist, I was raised in a Protestant church where it was regarded as entirely symbolic - but I have been 'told' that the Roman Catholic Church actually believes that the bread actually becomes Jesus' body once you swallow it. Is there any truth to this that you know of?

JuniperWoolf
04-28-2010, 02:29 AM
but I have been 'told' that the Roman Catholic Church actually believes that the bread actually becomes Jesus' body once you swallow it. Is there any truth to this that you know of?

Someone told me that just last year. I tilted my head like a dog hearing a high-pitched sound.

Yes, I'd like to work out exactly what the RCC is worth in terms of asset value. Must be in the hundreds of billions worldwide.

I bet they'd be able to set something up (found some industries in impoverished nations, give out a bit of economy-boosting currency, plant some food) and cure world poverty if they liquidated their assets. Who needs that many jewels/fancy buildings/expensive robes, anyway?

Hawkman
04-28-2010, 02:45 AM
I wonder if my posts are invisible...

Bastable, I draw your attention to my reply at #7, vis the transubstantiation.

JuniperWoolf
04-28-2010, 02:59 AM
I wonder if my posts are invisible...

Bastable, I draw your attention to my reply at #7, vis the transubstantiation.

You didn't say whether or not some catholics believe that the crackers actually transubstantiate into Jesus-flesh. A catholic friend of mine said that her parents believe that they literally are the "body of christ" once the priest blessed them and she got smacked around when she fed one to the cat.

dizzydoll
04-28-2010, 05:35 AM
You might be on a run of three lately, but the overall score stands at 42-33 in our favour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rugby_union_matches_between_New_Zealand _and_South_Africa), so you have a lot of ground to make up yet.

Cricket? Aren't they those black insects?

To be frank I care not for rugby or those black insects either but thank you for that link, I shall pass it on to Shane -- its very informative. :thumbsup:

However you have to admit, this is impressive and pretty scary I would say:
>>>War Dance<<< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4LNjNXt1yM&feature=fvst)

One thing tho, I dont think New Zealand will be happy with you classifying them as Australian. We were speaking Australian were we not? You gave the stats for NZ. The Springboks will whip the Australians, I said.

JW I find your comments so humorous, its a real joy to read them. :rofl:

The Atheist
04-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Funny you should mention that, Atheist, I was raised in a Protestant church where it was regarded as entirely symbolic - but I have been 'told' that the Roman Catholic Church actually believes that the bread actually becomes Jesus' body once you swallow it. Is there any truth to this that you know of?

Yes indeed.

Seems a bit strange to me, but 1,000,000,000 Catholics can't be wrong.

I bet they'd be able to set something up (found some industries in impoverished nations, give out a bit of economy-boosting currency, plant some food) and cure world poverty if they liquidated their assets. Who needs that many jewels/fancy buildings/expensive robes, anyway?

I think it was Sam Harris proposed a year or so ago that they do just that.

Didn't go down too well as I recall.

One thing tho, I dont think New Zealand will be happy with you classifying them as Australian. We were speaking Australian were we not? You gave the stats for NZ. The Springboks will whip the Australians, I said.

I think we're working at cross purposes - I'm a Kiwi, not one of those sons of sheep-stealers that live in the penal colony.

I wouldn't be quite so sure about Australia being easybeats, though. They have been in recent years, but Aussie always nudges up a group of good players every now and then and it looks like that might be happening again now.

JuniperWoolf
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I think it was Sam Harris proposed a year or so ago that they do just that.

Didn't go down too well as I recall.

Let's get a group of us together and pillage them (they did it first (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition)).

Disclaimer for litnetters with no sense of humour: I'm kidding, The Atheist and I will probably not be forcefully robbing the pope (...probably).

The Atheist
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
:lol:

I like it!