PDA

View Full Version : Need help with devloping thesis

hamlet_now
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
---EDITED---

I have changed my thesis, look at my second post in this thread for more detail.

Beewulf
04-26-2010, 01:06 AM
If I were to create a thesis to the prompt, I'd go with Ophelia. Both Polonius and Laeretes try to convince Ophelia that Hamlet cannot be trusted, that she will never be able to marry him, and that he will take her virginity and then abandon her in favor of a woman of more noble parentage. Polonius also forces Ophelia to try to manipulate Hamlet in the "nunnery" scene. The interference of Ophelia's father and brother cause her immense emotional turmoil, and lead Hamlet to despise her (at least for a time). Ultimately, the self-serving way in which Ophelia's family manipulated her, help to drive her crazy.

A possible thesis might be: The interference of Ophelia's father and brother erodes Ophelia's trust in Hamlet, ruins her hope for love, and leads to Ophelia's madness.

hamlet_now
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
I changed my thesis, I am not actually doing this one anymore. I am doing symbolism and imagery ^_^

Beewulf
04-26-2010, 12:58 PM
I changed my thesis, I am not actually doing this one anymore. I am doing symbolism and imagery ^_^

Now you tell me! :biggrin5:

hamlet_now
04-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Please delete this thread, there is no need for it anymore.