PDA

View Full Version : "paradise Lost"by Milton who can help me??

sara ali
03-22-2010, 06:08 AM
hi guys

I've to write a research on "The religious and political attitudes for Milton's personal view and feelings through "Paradise Lost"

i need some help

have any link contains information about my topic??

i'm waiting for u:hurray:

sara ali
03-23-2010, 05:31 AM
؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

blazeofglory
03-23-2010, 06:07 AM
I have read it in detail as a university student long ago and I love to share with you what I can unearth from my buried memories in a far-flung past. This was a wonderful epic and I simply was flabbergasted by the unsurpassed beauty of the book. Dear Sara ali having you to raise something about the book got me to relive the moment I read the book. Religiously Milton was a reformist who kind of rebelled against the Christian way wherein we took everything literally. For instance he spoke against the idea of heaven and hell, the concepts of them were factual celestials. People believed that there was God in a height seat in heaven and he had legions called other minor deities, fairies, gnomes, etc. He was enjoying all the things we mundane earthlings could dream up. And Milton, the reformist or nonconformist had a different idea and he said legendarily that heaven and hell are not stationary places but only our states of mind and this was a great blow to the authority of the church of his days. Speaking politically, he was a rebel, a maverick in point of fact and he had totally reversed the idea of submissiveness to authority. The devil was an archangel once and later on he chose not to obey the authority, God who was belittling his existence and of course this supports the fact that he spoke for freedom.

Sara, I read it long ago and if my memory serves me I will share with you more, but only if it gives a message.

sara ali
03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I have read it in detail as a university student long ago and I love to share with you what I can unearth from my buried memories in a far-flung past. This was a wonderful epic and I simply was flabbergasted by the unsurpassed beauty of the book. Dear Sara ali having you to raise something about the book got me to relive the moment I read the book. Religiously Milton was a reformist who kind of rebelled against the Christian way wherein we took everything literally. For instance he spoke against the idea of heaven and hell, the concepts of them were factual celestials. People believed that there was God in a height seat in heaven and he had legions called other minor deities, fairies, gnomes, etc. He was enjoying all the things we mundane earthlings could dream up. And Milton, the reformist or nonconformist had a different idea and he said legendarily that heaven and hell are not stationary places but only our states of mind and this was a great blow to the authority of the church of his days. Speaking politically, he was a rebel, a maverick in point of fact and he had totally reversed the idea of submissiveness to authority. The devil was an archangel once and later on he chose not to obey the authority, God who was belittling his existence and of course this supports the fact that he spoke for freedom.

Sara, I read it long ago and if my memory serves me I will share with you more, but only if it gives a message.

Thanks a bundle

This is the first time I know that he is against the Church abd also he doesn't believe in heaven and hell

What can I say:rolleyes5:

Thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

can u give me any source of his biography??

i'm waiting for u

because I am in a ****ry have not so much foreign books :bawling:

sara ali
03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

zen06
04-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Dipen Guha
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
First Milton intended to write on the evils of Satan in Latin in the form of verse( but not in epic), connecting it with the Gunpowder plot. Later he thought of writing the same in English language. But, his ideas about writing a great work in the form of an epic seem to have crystallised during his Italian travels, perhaps because his acquaintance with Manso seemed to bring him closer to Tasso, the Italian poet of epic in the vernacular, whose theory and practice were very influential on Milton. Afterwards, his knowledge of Homer, Virgil and Spenser made Milton shift the subject to " Arthuriad"; as Virgil had glorified Rome, Milton would sing the great past of Britain and her still better future. Milton's political lenience to the Puritanic Rule, tempted Milton for a time; to shift the subject from Arthur to Cromwell. Even though Milton was attach to Cromowell to that highest level, Milton revised his opinion back to Arthur, thus avoiding the name of a controversial figure. While he was at his turning the leaves of the History, his interest of the Bible and his reactions to the Fall of Man, the ideas that had been haunting him frequently from his subconscious mind, emerged and gave him a plan to give up " Arthuriad" and take up " Adam" unparadised in the form of drama. But the limitations of a drama could not bring out the genius of the writer and his ideas all to light. And, so finally, was born the greatest epic in the annals of English literature, PARADISE LOST.

Dipen Guha
01-22-2011, 12:41 PM
S.T Coleridge rightly observes, " In Fact, in every one of his poems it is Milton himself whom you see ; his Satan, his Adam, his Raphael, almost his Eve--all are John Milton, and it is a sense of this intense egoism that gives me the greatest pleasure in reading Milton's works. The egoism of such a man is revelation of spirit."

Dipen Guha
01-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Milton puts his republican ideals and his indomitable will and fortitude into the mouth of the great adversary of God, Satan. The stamp is vivid here:- " Here at least/ We shall be free; the Almighty hath not built/ Here for his envy, will not drive us hence;" Milton's pride and lofty sense of dignity and honour are reflected here:- " What though the field be lost?/ All is not lost; the unconquerable will,.."
William Blake truly says that Milton was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it. The resemblance between Satan and Milton is striking indeed. Just as Milton stood against autocracy of King Charles I, and championed the cause of republicanism, so also Satan opposes the autocracy of God and becomes a rebel."

Dipen Guha
04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
The political tide during Milton's life time swayed unpredictably. He was born in 1608 when James I was on throne of England. He saw the fall and execution of Charles-I, and the Puritan rule to rise and fall and the monarchy being restored. But, in these tides, Milton took sides with the Parliament, wharever was the change of the thrones.