PDA

View Full Version : i need help with this question.

volcomsk
03-18-2010, 09:48 PM
i had this question in class i was wondering if anybody has any advice they can give me.

Orwell seemed to predicted some developement correctly, but seemed to miss the mark on other developments in history and science. What did he foresee correctly? What did he foresee incorrectly?

The Atheist
03-18-2010, 10:33 PM
i had this question in class i was wondering if anybody has any advice they can give me.

Orwell seemed to predicted some developement correctly, but seemed to miss the mark on other developments in history and science. What did he foresee correctly? What did he foresee incorrectly?

This isn't an easy question, because Orwell never intended to predict anything - he just made up technology to suit his story.

You could use Britain and surveillance cameras as an example of how life is mirroring the technology of 1984.

If there's one big thing he missed, it's computers. The Party spends an awful lot of time changing newspaper copies of records while now, you'd just have to change the script on the website, no messy paper involved.