PDA

View Full Version : signed coppy of Les Miserables

dugmahn
03-17-2010, 05:40 PM
I found coppies of Les miserables (I) and Les Miserables (II) with signatures in the back of them I was hoping to get some information on them. Les Miserables (II) is signed by Andrew Louis Radinovich July 15, 1956, and Crosby Minnesol (the last letter of the name i can not figure out) also has the name Nrbain Fabre at least that is what it looks like.

Les miserables (I) has alot more signatures in it I will list a few of them
Mabiel Dunn 24-Chubby
Frances Folts 24-Fransie
Dorothy Tripp 24-Dot
Inez David 24 Tapper
Paula Cody 24 Lestereta
Teresa McDonald 24 Bill
Opal Birk 24 Orphia

I am not sure if the 24 after every name is for the year and the name after the 24 is maybe the character. My thought is maybe it is signed by actors that played parts in the play in 1924. I realy have no clue any information would be great

mike conscious
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I also a copy of les mis tome 6 from 1862 signed by "don de M Boeher" in october 1877 (not sure about the name - doy? )

It is the 6th book in the volume but I cant find a similar description online. Its titled Marius.

kiki1982
05-13-2010, 04:35 AM
It's a gift of Mr Boeher. ('don' comes from 'donner'='to give')

For the rest, it's probably an obscure signed copy of someone who gave it to someone else.

mike conscious
05-13-2010, 05:07 AM
It's a gift of Mr Boeher. ('don' comes from 'donner'='to give')

For the rest, it's probably an obscure signed copy of someone who gave it to someone else.

Very cool - thanks!! I rescued 20 boxes of old french books from a trash compactor and this was one of them, along with a bunch of sir william scott and other victor hugo books. They had no idea what they were throwing out.