PDA

View Full Version : pls help me!

alias
12-03-2002, 05:21 AM
I've been trying to figure out why in Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers Athos says that he is thought to be dead. Why is he thought to be dead?

and in sherlock holmes - the one entitled Charles Augistus Milverton - who murdered milverton? and why did sir arthur conan doyle allude so much as to who it is, when i haven't the faintest idea?

and why isn't my internet connection working? why won't it let me view any other sites? does the refresh button actually do anything? this is making me go crazy so someone pls help my ans these q!! )

LPRox015
01-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Athos isn't thought to be dead, he tells other people that the Comte de la Fere is dead, even though he is the comte. That's because he's, (oh,no, poor Athos) traumatized by his wife "betraying" him, like she wouldn't be traumatized herself after he hung her, and he wants to forget his past.

An anonymous noblewoman, she murdered Milverton because he had destroyed her husband’s reputation and caused him to die.

And as for your internet connection...I have no idea! LOL... :)

mtpspur
01-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Not to mention Athos branding her with the fleur de lis probably didn't help during the marriage counseling sessions.