PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else compared PHANTOM and TWILIGHT?

lillottezobel
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Being 13, many of my freinds are obsessed with TWILIGHT. I hate it. But I can't help but notice some similarities in the plots, charecters, etc.

1.Bella Swan has two guys in love with her.
2. Jocob Black , even though he's a werewolf, is able to show himself in "the garish light of day".
3. Edward, being a vampire, has to hide in a dark lonliness for a hundred yers before falling in love with Bella. Even then, there is a possibility of her rejecting him for not being the same.

Some other people may have already shown this, but I don't know...there may be other similarities, but I only read TWILIGHT to chapter 8. Even the ODYSSEY was better than it (and I usually LOVE vampires and werewolves). But I LOVE PHANTOM!

kevinthediltz
11-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Do you mean Homer's Odyssey when you say "Even better than the Odyssey" ?

lillottezobel
11-25-2009, 09:04 PM
yES, I mean Homer's Odyssey. I actually like it alot, but most people don't, so I used it as a connection.

Ydfkdy
04-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Their is no comparison to the two stories if you read the whole series of twilight you will find in the end Jacob loves Bella's child and not Bella herself. they talk about how a wolf has an imprint. (Well...it is considered a love at first sight thing. When they see that person that was meant for them, they would do anything to make that person happy.)

Bella is totally and completely in love with Edward the only reason why Jacob is in love with Bella is cause he is in love with what she will be having in the 4th book. In the phantom of the opera it is completely the opposite and not to mention the book is wrong but we will go by the book. The phantom falls in love with Christine's voice and wants her to sing his music and become the pre-madonna. She is in love with Raoul the phantom in the book eventually falls "in love with her with her" but she never loved him and marry's her childhood sweet heart Raoul. that is the book interpretation.

Just so you know the book is wrong..... The phantom never loved Christine

TerrifymeKH3
04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry, but you can't compare 'The Phantom of the Opera' to the horribleness of Twilight. Bella is NO Christine Daae.

Bella is written with such little detail that any girl who falls helplessly in love with Edward can put herself in Bella's place with ease. Christine is a character who has a personality and is actually given details as to what she looks like, who she is, etc.

Jacob and Edward are no Phantom either. Edward is presented as glittering "vampire", if that's what you want to call him, who falls in love with a boring girl for no real reason. He and the rest of the "vampires" in that horrible book give vampire's a very bad name and Stephanie Meyers writes like a middle schooler who is love struck.

Jacob is a werewolf who is also in love with a boring girl who has no personality.

Neither compare to the seductive and brutish nature of the phantom. The Phantom uses his prowess to get what he wants, and when Raoul causes a block in his path to Christine, he does whatever he must to get her and warn everyone that the opera house and Christine BELONG to him.

I'm sorry but you just can't compare.